Front Page Images

The main image on the front page is drawn in rotation from the Image Gallery (Rum Ration, Front Page album) - a chance for eternal glory for your photo collection.

I would be very grateful for submissions for this, although there are restrictions which may put it beyond the ability or enthusiasm of some.

Pics can be uploaded as normal, selecting the album I mentioned.

Pics should be:

468 x 260 pixels
Good quality jpeg
Suitable for the front page
Not breach normal copyright laws

At the moment the pics are anonymous, but I will add the poster's username shortly.

Thanks for your help.

When I try to upload a picture I don't get the option to upload to that gallery :?

And NO it isn't a picture of a lady's bottom parts!
:D

Bump!

Come on, someone out there must have a couple of good phots! After all the ball ache of the upgrade a bit of help with the images would be really gratefully received.

Sorry but there is no flex on the image rules. Different size images will just muck up the front page and that is definitely not what we are after!

brigham600 said:
Not sure if its just me, but the front page I get is ALWAYS the KENT and it never rotates at all.
It's not just you - I posted this thread to ask for image submissions. So far there haven't been any that I can use unfortunately.

Streaky said:
Where's the instructions on how to upload, again?
Select 'Rum Ration' > 'Photo Gallery' at the top of any page.
Select 'Upload picture' from the menu across the top.
In 'Albums', select 'Rum Ration > Front Page Images'.
Use the 'Browse' feature to select an image to upload from your PC (make sure it's 468 x 260 pixels).
Complete the 'Picture title' and 'Picture description' boxes.
Click on 'Upload picture'.
Await the COs' approval or otherwise.

Naval_Gazer said:
Streaky said:
Where's the instructions on how to upload, again?
Select 'Rum Ration' > 'Photo Gallery' at the top of any page.
Select 'Upload picture' from the menu across the top.
In 'Albums', select 'Rum Ration > Front Page Images'.
Use the 'Browse' feature to select an image to upload from your PC (make sure it's 468 x 260 pixels).
Complete the 'Picture title' and 'Picture description' boxes.
Click on 'Upload picture'.
Await the COs' approval or otherwise.
Thanks, I'll download picasa and have a fiddle.

brigham600 said:
I have uploaded a few for you.

468x260 seems very small to me.
Are you suggesting that we should give more room on the front page to the main image? I would have thought that more would be overkill and wouldn't leave much room for anything else. Quite a few ARRSE users complained that it was already too big.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
labrum Diamond Lil's 6
SONAR-BENDER Current Affairs 10
P Site Issues 6