Front & back doors, how much?

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by witsend, Aug 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. Ask your local B&Q :lol:

3. Yeah, just looked at the website. They're fcuking expensive as well.

4. Back doors have to be, or pufters like you'll just bang them in :lol:

Here's a site with some differing timber designs: http://www.directdoors.com/products/timber-doors-c348

5. Fit them yourself, you lazy tawt.

6. have a look in the yellow pages and get a few quotes (they are free) but when the estimator gets there make sure you let him know you are getting more than one quote (but do not tell who from), you would be surprised at the different prices you will be given.

Had a new front door and side panel fittet last year, cost £570 inc

7. Get one from your local windows firm supply only for about 300 quid and fit it yourself, it's a piece of piss

8. Well when i smashed my mothers toughened double layered glass kitchen door,no jokes.
    i looked through the yellow pages to find the cheapest one i could get,so shop around.A little hint it's cheaper top get them from the manufacturing companies than it is from a shop.

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Recently paid £550 for multi locking point back door fitted, I would have thought it would be less oop north

10. Depends on quality obviously, but had two done three years ago, supply and fit 800.
    I recon the doors are quite the bizz, but the fitting was crap, came back twice and still shite now.

11. This isn't what I thought it was going to be........ :(

12. Best pick up that phone and gets quotes.

Mega difference in cost. Loads of deals out there right now with most companies touting for your trade. (They are in Weymouth)

I paid over a grand for one five point locking armour plated front door a few years ago!!!!!

Saying that, since fitting the firm has never had to revisit as it has been the dogs danglers. Get what ya pay for.

13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Local firms used to make a steady living from the number of doors I put in on certain streets on Fraggle Rock :wink:

14. I got a nice victorian oak one from a scrap merchant for £20, just needed a rub down and a lick of paint. Had it fitted for £100 by a Polish chippy. Looks as good as new.

I would say it is well worth having a trawl around your local area for scrap dealers.

15. We got a fitted UPVC backdoor and frame from a local company two years ago for £520.

We had a couple of quotes for a front door which ranged from £1,000 upwards to £1,800. I live in a terraced house and there is a large window above the actual door which had to be taken into account as well

Hope this helps

16. Witsend

I was hoping that one of the big companies like Homebase or B and Q might be offering a Forces' Discount but no-one seems to be doing one .......

I had a look around though and found these guys, who might be worth trying for a quote - no discounts as far as I can see, but could be handy:

http://www.cms-es.co.uk/products/doors/composite.html

Not a personal recommendation as they are not exactly local (for me), just an idea.

Failing that, companies like Wickes/Screwfix/Travis Perkins/Jewson who do a lot of stuff for the trade might have some good deals - you'll need to get someone to fit them, though.

17. Having double checked you can get both front and back doors for around £200 an hour on a nice looking Eastern European bird (I believe it is refered to as an 'A Level service') or for £50 you can smash the fcuk out of a drug addicted skank from outside Kings Cross station.

18. I'm quite offended by that comment.I prefer to be called by my respected name Mr bullcrap.
    I have standards.

Twat!

19. Well i do try, you didn't have to personally thank me!

but you're welcome!

20. Front and Back Doors , and here's me thinking of something completely different mmmmmm