from phase 1 to phase 2

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gav_17, May 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI i was wondering after you complete Hms raleigh how long do you have to wait until you start phase two?
  2. You will finish at RALEIGH on the Friday and usually start your training the following Monday. After a weekend with the family

3. You should start the following monday.

If there is a delay for multiple reasons, you may find yourself staying at raleigh for a few days/weeks/months until your course starts though.
  4. Depends on when the next phase 2 course starts, I had 1 week dead time waiting for my course. My Husband finished phase 1 in the July and started phase 2 the following January.
    Pants and boring but true. With the waiting times as they are now, I'd assume ( waiting for correction here ) that they'll have it planned so there isn't much time between the two phases
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Generally nowadays the only people that may have a long wait between completing phase one & starting phase two are those that fail an element of phase one training, or get injured or suffer an illness & get back-classed, thus missing the immediate start date for phase two & then have to wait for the next available phase two course with vacancies to run.

Gone are the days when the Navy willingly pays someone a wage whilst they sit on their backside doing nothing between courses.
  6. so what you are saying, if they are backlassed for whatever reason and finally pass phase 1, and might have to wait a few months, do they go home on full pay untill the next cource starts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well i hope this does not happen to me
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

In the current climate it's quite possible to be discharged, then rejoin when there's a phase two course available.