From Parliament.... The truth emerges....

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thingy, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear me, no comments :roll: Could the truth be too painful?

The article contains an admission by Sir Oojamy Bell that MPs were economical with the actualite in blaming the Commons Fees Office. Its taken long enough. Of course this raises the question as to whether by misleading the public and perhaps the police, the MPs who have used this excuse have thereby made their legal position immeasurably worse. Have any of them blamed the Fees Office whilst being interviewed under caution?

2. Being economical with the truth is probably the only thing that the current batch of politicians and the "other place" excel at. It amazes me that politicians are somehow unable just to tell the truth and don't feel that the general public can comprehend the issues. So, just try to paint everything with rose coloured spectacles and blame someone else.
    Some departments are better equipped to deal with criticism and have an inbuilt scapegoat, like the sargeant at arms and chief can taker to the Speaker.. Do we end up with a modern day Diogenes carrying a lamp outside parliament to look for an honest man at the MP's entrance. After 2000 years of civilisation society is still incapable of producing openess and honesty.
    In answer to your question "No replies... I think you have hit the nail/nailz
    spot on as usual

3. In reality the Torygraph exposed the practice of MPs battering the poor staff of the fees office into a pulp several weeks ago, and the fact theat Mr Martin supported if not encouraged this practice was one of the reasoons he was obliged to leave his office.

4. "Dear me, no comments "

Probably because there is nothing else to say that hasn't been said already 100 times.

5. Come on Steve,

'Truth' coming out of Parliament ? - that's just like believing that Bliar was telling the truth in the WMD scenario ....... and they still insist on calling each other 'The Right Honourable ........ '

:pukel:

6. Agree with RAND, there's nothing new to be said, and I just can't be bothered to read every new revelation about what MPs have been up to.

You had the Profumo affair in the 60s, Tory sleeze, cash for questions, cash for honours, MPs from all parties bagging off out of watch, 'a good day to bury bad news', weapons of mass destruction, and MP's expenses to name just a few of the scandals or lies I can remember off the top of my head.

What this goes to show is the fcukers are all corrupt, you can't trust any one of them to tell the truth or act with any integrity or honour. When I look at an MP I wonder just what their hidden agenda is and what they are concealing from the public. I don't trust any of them.

7. Have to agree here, the sad realisation is when any fresh disgrace/scandal fails to surprise :?

Do you need to be a certain 'breed' to become a politician? Could they argue that in fact they are genetically flawed towards adhering to decency and morality? I wonder.

8. And I thought it was just me being over cynical. Thank christ I am not alone in this sad state of affairs.

9. Thingy. Have you made friends with Dr Who or Capt Jack? Your original Post was made 2 hr 27 min after your “reminderâ€.

10. The reminder was made around 9 hours after the original post I believe :lol: