Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Cyprus to the UK

D

Deleted 7

So I finally get my tanned arse back in the UK for 9 days! However, the journey here was a nightmare!

My dad had booked my flight online, it did say in the T&C's that the credit card needed to be presented at the 'Cyprus Airways' rep desk. After explaining my situation, the customer service guy said he'd note on the account that the would not be necessary etc. That was 7 weeks ago, me being the panic craving lass I am, I called once a week for the 7 weeks just to make sure.

My taxi ride to the airport was hell, the guy headed off to limmasol rather than Larnaca, then blamed me for him getting it wrong, little sh*t! He then tried to charge me the whole taxi fare for his mistake. I told him where to stick it and gave him the fare that it should have been. I get to the Cyprus Airways help desk and ask for my ticket, the lady refused to give me the ticket, said I wasn't going to fly and that I should have found this out before hand. I asked her name and what do you know!! It was the same woman from before, the last 2 phone calls I had made and told me everything was good! 40 minutes before my flight, the issue was sorted, with a free upgrade to 1st class, return flight also and 1 free one way flight to the UK that I can use within the next year.

On board, I had settled down and getting ready for the 4hr trip, when I noticed the couple in front of me had disappeared. All of a sudden, there was the sound of groans coming from the toilet behind me, rattling then a hard thud, followed by a blood curdling scream. The door flung open and the guy fell out cupping his pride in fear for his life! HIs wife was wearing stilletos and some how had stabbed him in the 'prince albert' area with her heel's. Poor guy spent the whole flight curled up in ball.

Finally landing, I spent 1hr waiting for my luggage whilst having the load laughter of a drunk geordie lass and a very wierd Polish guy, I swear he is a closet gay! To prove this, I do not know any straight guy who can pin point a pair of last season's Minolo blahniks, unless he is a fashion student or Italian!

So all in all, a colourful journey for me!

I was also in UK for a couple of weeks a week ago, the weather was great for a change and it was nice to be back in Blighty (at least only for a short time). My god everything is sooooo expensive, taking the piss expensive. It also reminded me that Heathrow must be the second shitest airport in the civilised world behing charles de gaulle.
Not a bad flight back to Bangkok until the twot next to me blew chunks as we landed (in his bag luckily)...
I think we get quite nostalgic about Britain whilst overseas but after a week or so back at "home" it is nice to get away again especialy as it seems that the ~UK chav population seems to be rapidly expanding and mutating.
Rule Britannia

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS British High Commission Cyprus webinar series: technology and women MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Marines train with cutting-edge autonomous technology in Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cyprus and Lithuania removed from the travel corridor list of exempt countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DIO completes new homes for forces families in Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint UK-Cyprus statement on the Sovereign Base areas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Minister visits vital work being conducted by troops in Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe makes first official visit to Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS BHC to Cyprus speaks on combatting illicit finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Queen's Birthday celebration 2019 in Cyprus: High Commissioner's speech MoD News 0
B Cyprus - clarification on berths Travel & The Great Outdoors 3
MoD_RSS Press release: PM meeting with President Anastasiades of Cyprus: 5 March 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit British Forces Cyprus MoD News 0
vauxhall Taxation in Cyprus - a Chink of Light Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS News story: New nurseries open for UK forces families in Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Britain and Cyprus Step Up Defence Co-Operation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Cyprus RAF base offered in support of French MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Armed Forces Minister visits British Forces Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Private Jamie Lee Sawyer has died in Cyprus MoD News 0
cooksmate ATM cyprus Diamond Lil's 2
scouse Cyprus bailout Diamond Lil's 81
MoD_RSS News story: Peacekeeping in Cyprus MoD News 0
BillyNoMates Cyprus Explosion July 2011 The Gash Barge 1
MoD_RSS Royal Navy Cougar 11 Force begins exercises off Cyprus Current Affairs 1
H Cyprus Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
H What to take to Cyprus? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 13
O UK to hand over SBA land to Cyprus Current Affairs 0
I Ambush at Pedhoula, Cyprus, 03NOV1958 History 2
L Cyprus International 2
B CYPRUS MEMORIAL Current Affairs 0
N Cyprus Patrol 1951 History 0
flynavy Harrier pilots bang out in cyprus The Fleet Air Arm 4
D Cyprus photo album Social & Reunions 8
D Cyprus blasts US of Hypocrisy Current Affairs 4
T Cyprus Anyone? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
D The Malcolm cat society - Cyprus Nearest & Dearest 0