From a conflicted nutcase

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by cúnt, Aug 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This quote from Monty:
    Has got me to reflect on my thoughts on recent days. Having missed the main event (due to some cruel bugger insisting I reside in a tent on Salisbury Plain for a small sojourn with the infantry) I have tried to catch up.

I am surprised at the Politicians claiming we are witnessing some sort of destruction of society (I loosely paraphrase the Prime Minister). We have had the odd race-related disorder since the 40's and social inequality riots for Centuries yet we are all here, and exist in a stable society. I personally believe that rioting is a growing pain of a developing society, and to curb it completely by authoritarian legislation restricts advancement in Democracy.

What I do not tolerate and the thing that very probably means I'll never work in Politics, is my abject hatred of looters. Looting uses mass protest for personal betterment and it stinks. In my opinion a well placed shot to the head to anyone caught doing this would sit well with my conscience. Protest, rioting, aimless violence I seem to be alright with me (so long as I have the right in Law to protect my life and property) but I'm not entirely sure why I could happily shoot looters (male/female/child/black/white/blue) in the genitals.

Feel free to redirect this to the gash barge, as it is almost certainly nonsense.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Good post and I agree.

Apart from the blueism you have exhibited. Blueist.

3. Yawn. blah blah blah.

4. Concur. .....

• Like Like x 1
  5. It probably has something to do with the fact looters kick others when they are down. Taking the opportunity to steal from others at a point in time when they are defenceless.Civil disruption breeds extreme fear.People button down, hole-up for the duration then come out to find everything they've worked for destroyed.Or die trying to defend it.

Looters are hooligans essentially.They are not there for any particular cause or belief (other than a severe dose of ' lack' emotionally,mentally and perhaps materially). Lead or follow it makes no difference to what they are doing and why-it is wrong,wrong,wrong.

Campaigning , protesting, petitioning.These are all legitimate tools for confronting real or perceived injustices. The looting that took place totally dishonoured the attempts to be heard and sadly has simply created yet more contempt and disgust for a predominantly young demography. They are a maligned social group as it is.

I know this isn't popular on here, but the question remains 'Who's to blame ?' . Looters and rioters for their behaviour, but the deeper stuff, the social despair.That has it's roots elsewhere.

6. This is where my conflict comes to the surface. If a shopkeeper gets a kicking during a riot then in my mind that act of cathartic decompression is a price worth paying, for living in a moderately policed state. The minute someone comes along and nicks a TV from his shop then I lose my patience with the process.

7. May sound a bit flaky for this site, but has been true with some of the kids I've worked with.

Children Learn What They Live

If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn
    If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight
    If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy
    If a child lives with shame, he learns to feel guilty
    If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient
    If a child lives with encouragement, he learns confidence
    If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate
    If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice
    If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith
    If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself
    If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, he learns to find love in the world.

8. As some of the rioters/looters were employed, some on pretty decent salary where is the social despair, they are rent-a-mob out to get their kicks.

9. I know Stirling, but I think it's important to separate the roots of the riots (which seem to start with anger at a shooting-and we have several sides to that story to consider), to the hoards who simply saw it as fair game for a freebie.
    Agree, alot of what happened is simply the worst in human nature coming out, but why did this behaviour even happen ? Because people can get away with it. Why can they get awey with it ? Because society either tells them they can, or people really are in despair.
    Steven Bailey, a youth worker in The Times said this.....our whole moral barometer is shot to hell.
    So what do kids learn from the lack of consequences ? and how desperately,desperately sad for them and the victims.

10. 'Our' moral barometer is shot to hell? supposition from a yoof worker.......some of us have seen a whole lot worse in our lifetime.

11. People rioted because it is in our nature. We are violent people, and to live within a free society we have to occasionally tolerate social disorder.

Mods and Rockers etc. were not fighting Queensberry Rules the 60's and many a shopkeeper had the granny kicked out of them. These days many white people cannot associate themselves with any aspect of the demographic seen doing the fighting so we are more fearful and spontaneous in our condemnation.

I really don't mind the odd riot in the UK, nor the odd person killed in public disorder, be it Tomlinson seemingly killed by Police in 2009 or the Asian lads killed this week by rioters. I just don't like it when they loot.

I would not like to live in a State where riots are regularly suppressed by water cannon, plastic bullets etc. because one day I might feel the need to kick-off over something. I do not object to rioters being treated like Tomlinson, or looters being hung from lampposts. Hence my emotional conflict.

12. Interesting post. I think I agree.

13. You and me both mate. I lack the intellect to truly analyse my thoughts I think!

14. I may be of some help.........and my rates are competitive.

15. When two madmen psychoanalyse each other insanity follows! Again :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Growing up and a bit of a tearaway as were a lot,I was frightened of going to Borstal as were most.
    One lad in our village was bad,really bad,stealing cars was his thing and considering hardly anyone had one it was some going so; in he went.
    He came out changed with tales that made us even more determined not to enter there.
    Just an observation of what should or perhaps not,in some eyes,happen.

17. My thoughts are similar. I despise the looters but the thought of baton rounds, tear gas and water canon being used on my countries streets makes me feel sick.

A good slap with a casco, launched into the wagon and a year in nick will suffice ta.

Riots themselves can be construed as the voice of a society and an alarm call to those in power. When all else fails? Gain attention and smash something. It is dangerous to dismiss all the rioters and looters as opportunist thugs or idiots. You ignore all voices and actions at your peril.

My original post which this thread is based on came about as the continuing blabbering by the ignorant toward the brutality of Islam, the awful mistreatment of rioting and looting public in the middle east rise to a nadir. They were all decried as animals, brutal, oppressive animals.

And suddenly we are all talking baton rounds, hanging, labour camps, curfews, national service even firing squads.

Hypocritical, little England.

18. I would hope that you include the arch looters namely the high flying bankers at the top of the list for these extreme measures.?

19. Keep hoping you lefty twunt.

20. You are not keeping up to speed with the angle of the dangle of my swingometer.