Frog Tales. One for budding divers

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by frogman007, May 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Cheers for the heads up froggers!

2. Got to say it is well written.

3. Of course a diver wrote it. We are not like binmen, muppets and Royal.

4. That has to be the most god awful book I have ever had to endure reading while snapping one off, I'd rather listen to a Hobart maintainer spin me a dit than read that sh?!e about a failed muppet.

Anyway Froggy who read it to you?

5. When has Royal ever written a book? We just spin the most unbelievably awesome dits and get someone who can write do the hard work! ;-P

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Grammar aside, did it take just five hours to read and was it worth reading?

7. Some days grammar really is my downfall. To answer your question, no. I have read the first two chapters and up to now it has just been a compilation of standard matlow dits that I guess will bore most of the old n bold.

I say it is well written as it is easy to follow with some of the random tangents and rants rather refreshing from the standard "got pissed, went whoring, set sail, got pissed, went whoring, repeat"

(just to add, no it hasn't taken 5 hours to read 2 chapters. I have been out and 'am starting on the 3rd now)

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  8. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Steve Preece...AKA Green Death. Seem to remember Blobbs reviewed one of his books, think he gave it half a star out of five.

9. QUOTE=dsgrnmcm;1148813]That has to be the most god awful book I have ever had to endure reading while snapping one off, I'd rather listen to a Hobart maintainer spin me a dit than read that sh?!e about a failed muppet.

Anyway Froggy who read it to you?[/QUOTE]
    Going Somewhere: People with Mental Handicaps and Their Pastoral Care New Library of Pastoral Care: Amazon.co.uk: Sheila Hollins, Margaret Grimer: Books

Try this one. It was my bible for looking after muppets when I was the Coxswain.

Feel free to write one about how you greased wires on davits for a living. Also include all the places muppets travelled to such as Faslane, Bahrain and Portsmouth. Paragraph two could be about how you became a sycophant Lt.

Oh I never read I got the reader version for my kindle, much easier.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sounds incredible!

11. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Mr Preece likes to boast about his martial arts skills.

12. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

******* steady there mirror boy!!

13. tiddlyoggy

Surely, no such thing exists?

14. You took your time oppo.

15. It would go against Darwinism if there was.

16. Well, I followed Froggy's linky to Amazon as I tentatively fancied reading the book, and read the short extract. While it is definitely written, there were a lot of glaring innaccuracies - just one I recall was the tot going out in 1973!

I suspect it was possibly self published and not very well proof read/peer reviewed.

I enjoyed Tony Groom's book.

17. Going Somewhere: People with Mental Handicaps and Their Pastoral Care New Library of Pastoral Care: Amazon.co.uk: Sheila Hollins, Margaret Grimer: Books

Try this one. It was my bible for looking after muppets when I was the Coxswain.

Feel free to write one about how you greased wires on davits for a living. Also include all the places muppets travelled to such as Faslane, Bahrain and Portsmouth. Paragraph two could be about how you became a sycophant Lt.

Oh I never read I got the reader version for my kindle, much easier.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit that was funny.

Anyway I have still to become a LT, when I do I'll pass my hoop greasing dits to you. Chopper.

18. I have to admit that was funny.

Anyway I have still to become a LT, when I do I'll pass my hoop greasing dits to you. Chopper.[/QUOTE]

19. tiddlyoggy

Froggers my reply was delayed due to the "quote" function not working on Dii. Your criticism of the RN's finest was spotted by me immediately!!

• Like Like x 1