"Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels to.

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by EX_STAB, Dec 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone suggest a "friend" (SNCO) on Herrick that we can send parcels to for distribution amongst the troops. The Free BFPO scheme is only for family and friends but we'd like to send out some useful goodies. See similar thread on ARRSE

We have BFPO addresses for Army elements but not for RM.

Cheers,

Ex STAB

2. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

Try mescullyman, he is out there. I think he is on days at the mo so is likely not reading his PMs but I will ebluey him and ask if you like.

Or I can offer a WO RNR female who might help. Although no smutty comments please.

3. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

Thanks, any sensible help is useful.

Cheers,

Ex STAB

4. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

Still not got a BFPO address for Christmas Parcels for 3cdo Bde RM.
    48 hours to go before they all go to Army elements.

Ex STAB

5. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

The BFPO nos for HERRICK are 715, 755, 758, 764, 772 & 792. Not sure who is at which one, but hope this helps

6. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

Thanks for that. The problem is that unless I've got a name, number and unit I can't post it using the Free BFPO parcel service as it's only for family and friends. See ARRSE for examples.

I can see the PERSEC angle but the SNCOs in RA and RE elements don't seem too concerned as you can see on the link above.

We're just trying to do something to help.

Cheers,

Ex STAB

7. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

My oppo:

P994991N
    SGT M.C. "H" (BALD EAGLE)
    B OMLT Y COY
    45 Commando R.M.
    OP HERRICK
    BFPO 792

It will get to him and the lads.

V.M.T. on behalf of them all.

8. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

i have never sent anything using BFPO, do i need to fill in a form to send a parcel to the above address? how much would it cost?

9. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

Thanks, they're most welcome. Expect two parcels for distribution. For information, one parcel each going to RE and RA elements 3 Cdo Bde as well.

Cheers,

Ex STAB

10. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

Full instructions and suggestions for packing and contents are here: ARRSE

There is a free parcel service for "friends" of serving troops. Your "friend" for this purpose is either:

P994991N
    SGT M.C. "H" (BALD EAGLE)
    B OMLT Y COY
    45 Commando R.M.
    OP HERRICK
    BFPO 792

Or the Royal Engineers and Royal Artillery fellows listed on the ARRSE page I've linked to above.

Any further problems just post again here or on the ARRSE thread.

Best get packing - must be at the Post Office on Friday 8 December

Cheers,

Ex STAB

11. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

cheers, ill get it boxed off tomorrow. is there a weight/size limit? obviously im not goin to take the piss and send a BMW mini in a box like, but a large tupaware box full of items might weigh a fair bit.

12. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

See:
    http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/freepacketservice.htm
    and read the ARRSE thread as suggested in previous posts.

Shoe box size should be OK max weight 2 Kg (4.4 lb) but read the regs and guidance I've linked above.

Cheers,

Ex STAB

13. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

sound. just off to post a lockable tuppaware box (in itself a useful item) containing:

oxo cubes, salt sachets, ketchup sachets, t bags, cayenne pepper, moralibo, toothpaste, XXX mints, vaseline, paracetemol, babywipes, sandwhich bags, Nuts and Zoo. Also a Flag of St. George condom (allways be prepared)

i hope it makes one booty's xmas a little more pleasant.

14. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

weight limit is 2kgand you'veonlygot till tomorrow if you want it to getthere in time

15. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

yeh, it was a bastard trying to get the weight down below 2Kg. it will be sent today dont worry. cheers

16. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

Good drills mate. Flag of St George condom? Mental!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

just sent it now. got a warm sense of wellbeing. hopefully the bootneck who gets it will feel the same.

18. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

I've just got back with all this kit. God knows how many boxes it'll have to go in!

I've got to wrap it yet!

Cheers'
    Ex STAB

19. Re: "Friends" on Herrick to send Christmas parcels

Well I finally got that lot to the post office.

8 boxes of herbs, spices, tea, sweets etc.
    4 boxes of postcards, sewing kits, playing cards, pencils, nail clippersetc.
    4 Christmas puddings with instant custard
    1 packet of books, notebooks and playing cards along with Christmas cards from folks down the pub.

Packing it was a nightmare. Keeping under the weight limits was the most difficult bit. Hopefully I'll get some reports back to indicate whether the packing was suitable and survived the journey.

It's all gone to 3 Cdo Bde on Herrick, split between RM, RA and RE.
    It looked a lot on the kitchen table but it'll only go so far amongst a Brigade. Should bring a little cheer anyway.

Why aren't RBL and SSAFA organising public campaigns for this sort of thing? They could get reduced rates on postage somehow surely.

Cheers,

Ex STAB

20. Just to add that I got some nice letters back so this stuff did get there and was appreciated.