Friday Until's

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by epsom salt, Aug 8, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The confusion over the road sign " Don't proceed while green light shows" would have meant repairing on Friday Until's rather dull.
  2. I will have a pint of whatever he is on!
  3. If the am or up the wild wasp with a rowing boat and all the bananas will fall and
    ruin my cosmetic concrete. For the green light is a red one also under five miles
    of creme-de-menthe.
  4. Kinell Billy you speak epson salt retard
  5. Profile states:-
    epson salt
    Male, 76

I understood his post perfectly and eagerly response his first await when I was a rear gunner on a Lancaster bomber.

Bees! Bees! Bees!
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Sorry Slim.
    For the cognoscenti North of the Wash.
  7. Apologies for the confusion.
    One assumed:-
    1. " Friday While" was a luxury the Hands had experienced. Perhaps not....and...
    He repaired in haste
    verb(used without object)
    to be takeoneself;go,astoaplace:
    He repaired in haste to Pompey.
  8. Having lived amongst the Monkey Hangers of Hartlepool, the six fingered yokels of Norfolk and the stupid Moonrakers in Wiltshire I will make more effort in future;)
  9. And failing to remember the Friday Whiles you enjoyed whist repairing ashore at one of the many RNAS's we once had.
  10. We Wafus were well educated, we never repaired anything except aircraft, as for Fridays working 24 about meant weekend from Midday Friday to Midday Monday was normal one weekend in two.
  11. Wots a RNASs ?.
  12. Royal Naval Air Station, or to keep it up to date with our rapidly shrinking navy that doesn't get out much..Replenishment Not At Sea ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Wots the other 's' stand for the O wise one ?.
  14. Plural. We had more than one . We've got two now keeping the South West's unemployment under control.
  15. We ?, have we met ?.
  16. You've never mentioned you had an air station before Stirl!
  17. Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  18. Ah.. I've got it now, you mean he fcuked off.
    Apologies , it has been a long day.