Fresh from AIB fail...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Graysnork, May 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I've just had the 'sorry you didn't make it, but we'd like to see you back' chat from the head of the Board.
    My PLT let me down unfortunately and at the time I needed to shine, I floundered massively!

The experience was great and I am looking forward to receiving my feedback from my ACLO. I must also say that the people at Sultan were great, particularly the Sgnt.

Can anyone let me know the soonest time I can apply for my AIB? I was given an initial indication of 1 year and am hoping this was slightly exaggerated...

Any help would be great,

Snork

2. Yes, your AFCO

3. Sorry to hear that, one of my friends failed first time round but passed with flying colours the second time and is at dartmouth now! Keep positive and ask your afco when you can kick its arse!

4. Thanks Dredd and Rachel, just being a little impatient.
    Particular thanks to Witsend, much better now! :salute:

5. Fresh from AIB fail

The experience was great and I am looking forward to receiving my feedback from my ACLO. I must also say that the people at Sultan were great, particularly the Sgnt.

Hiya Snork.

Sorry to hear about your news. Lovely to hear that your Sgt was great though..(that would be me by the way)

The 12 months is advised to give you the best chance the next time around, you are welcome to try sooner if you feel you are ready. People have failed far worse than you and come back sooner with a pass.

I do wish you all the best for the future and your imminent return. I'll see you there. :)

6. Sgt!! Thanks for that.
    I'm meeting my ACLO next week to discuss the future and looking forward to seeing you again within 6 months!

Now where's that Scotch...

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

At risk of being a harbinger of doom, if AIB say 12 months, it's 12 months before you're back down there - that is to say re-establish contact with your ACLO, after the AIB debrief, at about the 9 month mark to get everything set to go again.

Good luck.

8. JCT

JCT Badgeman

After you get your feedback, can you report back here? At the risk of sounding morbid, I'd love to find out why you failed, if only to ascertain what not to do.

9. JCT, no problem. As I said previously, my PLT was woeful. In fact, looking back at it now, relatively comical...

If, in your PLT, part of your strategy is to reach out and grab something, but you fail- don't let another member of your team, who's a foot shorter try the same thing. Before I realised it was happening, the other candidate was on their front stretching as hard as they could, visibly far further away than my attempt.

It's funny what nerves can do to your decision making...

On another note, easy marks up for grabs on the service knowledge, fitness test and the essay question, revise and practice. If you don't turn into Tim Nice but Dim under pressure and are a good problem solver. You'll fly the rest.

Good luck.