Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Links to the Answers

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ninja_Stoker, Nov 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

2. very useful, thanks ninja
  3. Hi all

I have got my provisional date yesterday for 7th June at Raleigh.

I just wondered how long it is til you know that this is definite and you get your contract etc.

Thanks and see you in there!!
  4. When is you pre-joining brief?

Oh, congrats btw.
  5. Your entry date will always be a provisional date until the day you arrive at HMS Raleigh and sign your contract. You will be given a copy of your contract at your entry brief (about 6-8 weeks before you are due to join) if you haven't already got one. However, you do not sign it until the monday of the first week.
  6. Thats great, thanks for the response guys!

Got my pre entry brief on 16 March.

See you all in there.
  7. Hmmmm... Any chance of me starting a topic to ask what I ought to be most prepared in for my officer sift interview TOMORROW and then having it added to the list above?!?!?
  8. The first entry of this thread deserves to be a Forum on its own, so that Newbies can go straight to it or be refered to it straight away. Could save a lot of bone questions, and a lot of ridicule.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Advanced Search

If you have problems trying to find the answers to your query, a lot of individuals seem to be unaware there is an Advanced Search Feature.

If I'm completely honest, I was unaware of this myself until just recently (cheers Witsend!).
  10. Wow this is one Uber thread. Everything in one place very handy!
  11. From a medical point of view, please post in the Health & Fitness section. Most questions have already been answered, but if you think yours is different to the rest (which seems a fairly common misconception) then I will do my best to guide. Also happy to continue to receive PMs for matters you don't want the world to know about.

RN Medical Officer
  12. Ninja_Stoker

To try & keep things in a semblance of order, future medical queries posted in Newbies will be moved to Health & Fitness so Angrydoc gets vision of them without having to trawl through queries regarding which handbag goes with what lipstick when joining the New Entry Training Establishments (Raleigh, Lympstone, Nelson & BRNC).
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Post one: Links updated (again)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bewildered re medical

how did you manage it read this

• Bewildered ;my son aged 22 had a medical 10 weeks ago and failed because of wax in his ears and a foot infection ;he was told to sort it out and come back in 6/8 weeks ???that was 10 weeks ago.He is clear now but can't get any advice as too what to do next from a strange woman at Preston .Indeed she more or less said she would lose his application if he annoyed her again.What does he do or is this normal re the application process ???​

• Like Like x 1
  15. This probably seems a rediculous question but what kind of tracks suit are we supposed to bring to Raleigh ? Is it a jogger track suit or more of a shell suit ? When will it be used as all the fitness etc seems to be done in matching equipment.

Sorry if this has been done before I just dont want to turn up with the wrong stuff. Cheers.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Just a bog standard shell suit with fluorescent colours will suffice. Nothing dowdy or understated.
  17. Haha knew this was coming

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 1