Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by swalke40, Feb 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now i have a quick questions.
    Before all of you people get annoyed at it let me explain myself first!

I have a few direct debits that come out of my account. Obviously when i join BRNC i will not have a lot of time to sort things like money etc out so im trying to sort that before i go.

What is the Frequency of the pay when you get down there and how many weeks after you first join is it so i can make sure i have enough to cover these direct debits.

Anyone who has attended Brnc if you could help thanks!

2. 27.525 Mhz - A bone answer to a bone question! This is the standard of our hofficer recruits? Why should Britain tremble.

Have a nice day
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Everyone gets paid, on the last working day of the month. (ie: not including Bank holidays, Saturdays or Sundays).

(In retrospect, it is a bloody poor question of a potential officer.)
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I think the question was if he joins mid month will his wages get carried over to the next month or will he get a part payment.
  5. Read your BRNC pack, it clearly states that if you join after 20th of any month, you will be part paid halfway through the next month at BRNC, then the remainder will come through on the last day of the next month.

So you won't be left high and dry for over a month.

Try reading documents before asking bone questions!
  6. It's quite sensible compared with some of the shite they ask nowadays!
  7. I saw the subject and thought I would answer, you beat me to it you swine, I was going to go into the Khz though.
  8. So then IDOITDEEPER , we can assume from your lack of patience with this Newbie that you must have known absolutely everything when you joined up .... and apparently you still do. Well done to you then.

SF :roll:
  9. wet_blobby

Dont expect an answer from him SF, he only goes for targets he see's as easy or quotes he can twist. :roll:
  10. I'm actually quite shocked and let me tell everyone something that had a dig at me on this thread.

I grew up in bad parts and i grew up listning to stories from my papa of him working on ships for his national service. When he died he passed a small book to me in his will. The book had lots of pictures of him working of different ships, Meeting royalty and he said it was one of the most friendly and one of the most welcoming Jobs he had ever worked in.

i said to my Gran after that when i was 9 that i wanted to do what he done. Not once have i had doubts and at the age of 15 i first met my Liason officer and started a long but rewarding process. Since then i went through 3 different liason officers.

I then got the go ahead to go to university and from that i joined the Urnu. I had the best years of my life there. Met some of the most respected people and even had a trafalger dinner with the 2nd Sea lord and on the same night i met Commadore Carolyn Stait. We had a long conversation and i was told that the Royal navy is the most rewarding career i will ever be a part of. A team if you will. If nothing my determination grew.

After that i was succesfful in my aptitude tests and i passed my Aib i waited for an entry date and i got it. It was the most proud day of my life. I couldnt believe that after all these years i was finally in a position to say "i made it"

Since then my thoughts have never changed so don't you dare question my loyalty and my potential.

The paperwork in the book simply stated that it could be up to 5 weeks before you get your pay. So i asked on the "newbies" forum what everyones experiences are because i do unlike some people have dependancies back home. I have a lot of money that i have to make sure that is paid on time. I simply asked so that i could ask my Mother to cover payments untill i got paid. Simple as.

Im disgusted by the fact that i grew up thinking this was a friendly and decent team to work for. Clearly i should re-evaluate.

I was always taught that if your not sure ask. Certain people on these forums ask simple questions and they get nothing but abuse from the same people over and over. I think its disgusting. Some people are just looking for advice and help as the nerves kick in.

11. No SILVER_FOX I did not know absolutely everything when I joined up however even as a junior sailor I took the time and effort to actually read the joining literature supplied to me. Surprisingly even back then it contained all of the pertinent information that I required. The fact that a potential hofficer has obviously not bothered to inwardly digest his BRNC joining instructions, which, I might add does inform him exactly of the pay issues he posts about, is of concern really. Now please get back in your box.

Wet blobby I beg to differ. After all I regularly target you. Sh1t on second thoughts you are correct I only go for easy pickings!

Have a lovely evening
  12. I beg to differ. I read the joining instructions!

It states that you MAY*** not get paid for up 5 weeks and when you have people at home that rely on you getting a wage i simply asked if from past experience anyone knew so that i could cover what i have to pay.

when you were a junior sailer did you work as part of a team?
  13. Swalke has it not occurred to you that any route that you take involving
    money --earning it or spending it normally means that you have to ensure that there is sufficient in the bank balance .

So why don't you ensure with a small effort required on your part that you will have sufficent funds before you change the present means of income that would enable your regular outgoings to be paid during the future change period.
    Its sometimes called overdraft facilities!! Or to the more affluent a current balance ----not deficit !!

:nemo: :nemo:
  14. okay. Thats it! Damn!

If i only thought of that before i starting bringing up a child at 17! How silly of me! Thanks for the advice but i like to think that i try to make a change for the better and simple matters involve me trying to do that such as aiming for a career that would him me support someone! Which i damn wel am trying to do! as i have done for over 4 years! I looked for advice that was it! Matter closed.
  15. On another note! I can not wait till i join BRNC! Been a long time coming :)
  16. Jesus, have you had a bad Valentines Day or something?
    If you want a half enjoyable career in the RN you need to get a sense of humour, these people that reply with stupid answers are just trying to tkae the piss and wind you i'm guessing 90% of the people your planning on being a leader to will also! Just chill out, ignore them.

Right and i do retract my original post, i have looked at my BRNC joining instructions and i concur it does say 5 weeks. MY BAD i'm sorry. I received the info about the possibilit of having part paid from a friend who passed out of BRNC about a year ago. I'm not sure if it still stands. Sorry again but...the simple answer is to cover for the possibility of not having pay for 5 weeks. If you don't have the dosh use an overdraft. Be wary and see the original thread on "binned because of finances" if your monthly outgoings are more than half your monthly income, there could be problems ahead.

Sorry again. And chill man!
  17. Thanks!
    Your going to be fun in a few weeks haha ill apoligise in person :)
  18. wet_blobby

It can be hard, very hard switching from weekly to monthly pay....even harder going the other way (your a king for longer).

I doubt any of us old and bold can remember doing it..................

Swalke, if you can mate try and put some cash away, not just for your bills but you'll get a load of unforseen expenses once you rock up and start training, be them polish, brasso or just having to get a dutchy burger because you never finished your chores in time to get to the galley.
  19. Having taken the time and effort to read through all of your posts, I am sure that they can not wait for you to join either!!!!

Have a nice evening :thumright:
  20. Swalke -----I wish you well

Just remember to keep smiling

:nemo: :nemo: