French looow flying...

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by stumpy, Oct 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I found this on ARSE. Turn up the volume and sit back. It is called "Flying Below the Radar" but they are so low I think sonar might be more appropriate. Almost makes me wish I was French...
  2. Great Vid.
    Those boys will be coming home with sand in their boots.
  3. i feel sick. these guys get paid to do that. i would pay somebody to get to do that !
  4. The Kabul brothels are opening soon mon ami, NATO won't miss us if we fly under zee radar!
  5. Not bad, but please remember that they ARE French ;-)
  6. Wow - scary!
  7. On a different site, it's claimed these were Yarpies, and it was filmed in Namibia.
  8. Part of it looked like Monument Valley to me...?

Mon Dieu ! 8O Le Francais training with Les Amis perhaps ?

9. Let us not forget the Dambusters did it at 60ft in the dark in a four engine heavy bomber whilst Eric was shooting at them having flown for 4 hours at 100 ft to get there.

Now that is scary

10. bloooooody 'ell that is LOW!
  11. Oh for a real navy with a real air arm. Buccaneer pilots used to be the real low level guys.
  12. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

docrichard's link of the KC135 (if that's what it is) begs the question of the conspiracy nuts who say a plane can't fly that fast that low because of some aerodynamic effect so a plane didn't hit the Pentagon. That plane is going faster than take off speed. Then the fighter jocks are really shifting, really low!

Sorry, conspiracy kno88ers, my pet dislike. Seadog dismounts hobby horse and takes medication.
  13. Fixed wing vids are SOOOO boOOOOring!

Of course they can fly fast and low, it's called ground effect.

Here is a classic vid of some neat flying:
    Lynx rolls and loops
  14. Yes, but unfortuantly they were too busy to post it on youtube...
  15. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Sam wrote
    I knew they could fly fast and low before any of the vids posted here and I'd heard the expression 'ground effect'. The Lynx film is impressive but ladies prefer fighter pilots. (So fighter pilots and ladies tell me).

Are you American?
  16. "ladies prefer fighter pilots. (So fighter pilots and ladies tell me)."

Fighter-Pukes make movies.

Bomber Pilots make history.