Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Freedom to say what you want

Always_a_Civvy said:
Oh Rosie, I'll have to post you some books on cyberjurisprudence, when I've finished reading them (about 2011 the ways things are going! :roll:). It's a bit like human rights with the CPS seemingly finding various (often feeble IMHO) excuses for not prosecuting offenders who use the internet to espouse murder (religious liberty), violence against women and children (ditto) or racism (ditto).

Please don't! Once I have done with the contract law and EU law in 2 weeks I am moving on to Family and Equity/Trusts. Jurisprudence would top me over the edge!

higthepig said:
Im speechless, which in the light of the above, is maybe a good thing, I wonder if some of the threads on RR, may be used to incarcerate any members? Im dreading a knock on the door.
That's me fucked then..... :evil:

rosinacarley said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
Oh Rosie, I'll have to post you some books on cyberjurisprudence, when I've finished reading them (about 2011 the ways things are going! :roll:). It's a bit like human rights with the CPS seemingly finding various (often feeble IMHO) excuses for not prosecuting offenders who use the internet to espouse murder (religious liberty), violence against women and children (ditto) or racism (ditto).

Please don't! Once I have done with the contract law and EU law in 2 weeks I am moving on to Family and Equity/Trusts. Jurisprudence would top me over the edge!

What you're doing at present would have the same effect on me! Contract law... Yawn... though the Brandeis brief is rather interesting. I must admit I find it interesting that Labour Law has developed in the US through legal challenges upon the reasonableness and constitutinality of employment contracts as aginnst through the legislature, as in Europe. Fascinating stuff - but only that aspect!!! :lol:

Take the whole issue to it's natural conclusion and it will be just like old Tommy boy Cruise in that film (Minority Report?) where you get arrested just for thinking bad stuff!

Err we're pretty much there already. Ohhh lets get a few thousand more laws onto the statute book just incase we miss something, like looking at a woman/man/dog with contempt.

How on earth did we manage without all of these laws, say 20 years ago?

Think I'll raise a virtual finger at the cyber enforcement police.
catch me if you can rozzer!

Latest Threads