Freedom of Information Act

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by dialajenny, Aug 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I have just received my end of year report on course which I signed and was then put in my file. I have asked for a copy of it to keep with all my write ups and been told that I need to fill out a freedom of information act form in order to have a copy! Am i missing something here or is this the way things are run now? Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Are you in the Navy?

3. Yes I am

4. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Please can you PM me the details - others on here will verify I am a serving Naval Officer - and I can possibly help you

5. Confirmation that he is what he says, Dial-a-Jenny.

Feel free to PM him.

6. Hi have just pm'd (hopefully done it right!)

Many thanks in advance

7. Ignore Sol please Jenny.

Guns may well be a serving orrificer, but our Soleil is a 22 stone plasterer from Doncaster, with a penchant for period dresses (with Empire lines) and the music of Burt Bacharach.

8. Don't listen to him, Jenny. Sol is who she says she is but I'm the real Guns (and so is my sister).

9. Ignore all of them, they all are in a grooming ring that like to lure males and females in their basements.

10. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

N-G, can I forward my mess bills to you then.

11. That was low sir, very low.

12. I'm not paying the mess bills of an imposter but please feel free to use the same mess number as me in future. I tend towards '1' because it is the easiest to remember.

13. I am Guns and so is my wife !!

14. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

I think I am beginning to see why my mess bills are so high.

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

OK, quit messing.

I'm Guns.

Funnily enough I did a FOI request to the pension people asking whether Admiral Lord West, re-employed by HMG, suffered pay abatement, like me.

Initially told to bog off, but later found out he isn't. Spooky, eh? :wink:

16. Mind your own bloody business.

Yours Aye,

Alan West, GCB GSC PC

17. We moved to open reporting a long time ago, this sounds ridiculous to me. I hope Guns has been able to help out.

18. I am Spartacus ! :wink:

19. I think somebody is confused I have just registered just so I can post this!

FOI is if you want to know how many papeprclips used on HMS ARK ROYAL last year, sausages cooked in the house of commons or ufo sightings from Culdrose fire station.

DPA (Data Protection Act) is when you want to access your own records, but you can just get them from JPA - service records anyway. For medical you need to get on down to sickbay.