Freed maniacs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by seafarer1939, Mar 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The fact that the authorities are now releasing a maniac who stabbed a woman 31 times then disembowelled her son after 7 years inside make me kind of happy I have two Samurai swords under the bed.
    With crazy's like this released by so called trick cyclists who have the wool pulled over their eyes all the time,I feel it's a state of things that are heading the USA way.
    We must protect ourselves and family,if the Stupid Ken Clarke won't do it[he's protected] then you have to yourself.
    Murder two people in butchery,say,after a while you have found Jesus,you will be released.
    The authorities are sicker than the inmates a lot of the time.

2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The magistrates are, as usual, right and K Clarke is, as usual, wrong. There are considerable public costs associated with wasted court time, let alone the rounding-up process when people skip bail, leave alone the opportunity to do mischief like intimidating witnesses, and when a witness has come to court only to find there is no trial because the defendant hasn't turned up he may unlikely to come forward again. This is also a reason why the defence solicitors try for adjournments on all sorts of petty excuses - the hope that the evidence will fade away.

3. And here was me thinking this thread would be all about Blobbs and NZB escaping.

I think the key words are "unlikely to be jailed" and how that would be applied. If the madges are quibbling the automatic bailing of offenders asserting they need to be able to remand people who are likely to commit offences whilst on bail, then Im guessing the conditions must be pretty alarming. But also the desire to cut costs by 20% and empty out the overcrowded HMP or YOI must be a laudable goal. For instance, alleged deadbeat Dads, CCJ non payers and poll tax offenders, do we really need to remand them to decide if they are a flight risk? Most Dads I know who are behind on CSA dont have time for jail, too busy working...

4. All part of Ken Clarke's grand plan to reduce the prison population no doubt.No court case=no convicted felon=one less prison cell required.