Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Speech

duckrun

Banned
Free Speech,

Who is entitled to it?

Permitted to those you agree with?

Barred from those you disagree with?

The BNP would be disallowed because we say we disagree with their values .

Who determines just who should be permitted Free Speech?

slim

War Hero
duckrun said:
Free Speech,

Who is entitled to it?

Hello Norman :p
Everyone should be entitled to free speech, after all brave men fought two world wars to give us this privilege.
In essence this privilege has now been eroded due to laws on racism, sexism, and many other 'isms

There is no absolute "right" to free speech just as there are no universal human rights: they are subjective and therefore paticularistic rights, or to be more precise: liberties.

You have the "right" to be Norman just as the rest of us on RR have the right to be freely abnorman! :biggrin:

duckrun

Banned
slim said:
duckrun said:
Free Speech,

Who is entitled to it?

Everyone should be entitled to free speech, after all brave men fought two world wars to give us this privilege.
In essence this privilege has now been eroded due to laws on racism, sexism, and many other 'isms
You are remarking on the bleedin' obvious --with respect. You tell us "Everyone should be entitled to free speech"
Try "Free Speech" without referring to "black" and you will find the discrimination laws ineffectual.
So far as the law is concerned race is Negro Asian and Caucasian Taff or Jock or Mick has nothing to do with race. Mad tribes? possibly but not prosecutable.

X.R.D

War Hero
duckrun said:
slim said:
duckrun said:
Free Speech,

Who is entitled to it?

You are remarking on the bleedin' obvious --with respect. You tell us "Everyone should be entitled to free speech"
Try "Free Speech" without referring to "black" and you will find the discrimination laws ineffectual.
So far as the law is concerned race is Negro Asian and Caucasian Taff or Jock or Mick has nothing to do with race. Mad tribes? possibly but not prosecutable.

I think the issue Norman is why you have asked such a bone question in the first place!!

duckrun

Banned
X.R.D said:
duckrun said:
slim said:
duckrun said:
Free Speech,

Who is entitled to it?

I think the issue Norman is why you have asked such a bone question in the first place!!
Clearly not to receive such banal replies

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Free speech is great, especially in the gash barge. Fcuk off you broken down dribbling cnut unless your going to spin a dit, whats behind your obsession with senior ranks?

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Free speech is the right of all who live in this Sceptered Isle ... or is it? Sadly some seem entitled to a bigger share than others. It's important to remember that it's only free so long as you don't offend anyone.

SF

Rumrat

War Hero
duckrun said:

Would you care to interpret this bit as I ain't got a fcukin clue what it is your supposed to be saying if anything. Is this serious or are you just trying for a bite?

duckrun

Banned
witsend said:
Free speech is great, especially in the gash barge. Fcuk off you broken down dribbling cnut unless your going to spin a dit, whats behind your obsession with senior ranks?
That my "obsession" with Captains Commodores and Admirals with no ships to command should concern you, mystifies. However you are entitled to your considered view and I thank you for that.
Kind regards
A broken down dribbling cnut failing to spin a dit.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Magic dribbler, you've got your hearing aid in (metaphorically speaking). Why not spin the dit and put this to bed?

Rumrat

War Hero
I have read through this thread, and am I missing something?.
Whereas this duckrun is obviously a retard, and an echo chamber, the bit I seem not to be up to speed on is the bit about rank.
Where did that come in? or did I drop off somewhere? FFS somebody tell me what this thread is actually about.
Duck bollocks do you think you are being censored? and if so by who about what?
If this a run up to a bleedin heart plug for the BNP FFS say so or fcuk off as I am a silly old tawt and could be dead by the time you make your point. 8O

duckrun

Banned
Rumrat said:
Whereas this duckrun is obviously a retard, and an echo chamber, the bit I seem not to be up to speed on is the bit about rank.
Where did that come in? or did I drop off somewhere? FFS somebody tell me what this thread is actually about.
If this a run up to a bleedin heart plug for the BNP FFS say so or fcuk off as I am a silly old tawt and could be dead by the time you make your point. 8O
No. Your'e clearly a very intelligent man that BNP and others would be ill-advised to ignore.

Rumrat

War Hero
duckrun said:
Rumrat said:
No. Your'e clearly a very intelligent man that BNP and others would be ill-advised to ignore.

Now I know this is a wind up,............Intelligent?............Nah 8O

duckrun

Banned
Rumrat said:
duckrun said:
Rumrat said:

Now I know this is a wind up,............Intelligent?............Nah 8O
You've got it you clever old thing

X.R.D

War Hero
duckrun said:
X.R.D said:
duckrun said:
slim said:
duckrun said:
Free Speech,

Who is entitled to it?

Clearly not to receive such banal replies

Right. And this comes from the man who has more comebacks than gary Glitter. come to think of it your nor GG by any chance are you sniffing around young becky 1984???

Rumrat

War Hero
XRD your wasting your time, I think we have a member talking to himself here.
A split ID methinks. 8O

FistFullOfNails

Lantern Swinger
Free speech?

We don't have free speech and anybody that believes otherwise is not paying attention.

For instance, if I want to scream "FIRE!" or "BOMB!" in a cinema/theatre/subway/anywhere crowded you can bet your top dollar I'm going to jail and/or getting a fine.

The same way I can't tell newspaper reporters I nailed a celebrity then proceed to give details in how I upended her gush hole whilst I unleashed a torrent of spaff all over her tits, arse and face so massive that within a 2mile radius every fertile woman became pregnant from the spaff in the air...

I'd get taken to court for slander.

Freeom/free speech is a myth used by countries when they want to pay a bit less at the petrol pump.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Speech: Free and fair elections to support the people of Venezuela MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The Potential for the First Free and Fair Elections in DRC History MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The Potential for the First Free and Fair Elections in DRC History MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Britain champions free speech, so we’re leading the war on fake news: article by Jeremy Hunt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Concrete steps on the ground to create an environment for free and fair elections in DRC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The Need for Free and Fair Elections in DRC MoD News 0
T God's Spokesman objects to free speech.... again... Diamond Lil's 7
T Australian Labour Government bans free speech Current Affairs 10
A In Defence of Free Speech Diamond Lil's 0
A Free Speech Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS UK and Japan sign free trade agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Japan sign historic free trade agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Ukraine sign Political, Free Trade and Strategic Partnership Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl releases free Baleen 3 data processing update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prepare for lift-off: Jet Zero Council to deliver carbon-free flight MoD News 0
D Free TV licences for the old and bold Diamond Lil's 14
MoD_RSS Duty Free extended to the EU from January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Japan agree historic free trade agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK takes major step towards membership of Trans-Pacific free trade area MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp DEE TEE FREE BEE Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Save up to £2,000 with Tax-Free Childcare in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace launches campaign to encourage everyone with symptoms to get a free test MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ride Free: new online motorcycle training to improve road safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of places created in new special free schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of business advisers to offer free services to small firms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free ‘wraparound’ childcare for the armed forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free trees for angling clubs in Cambridgeshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of children to benefit from free meals and activities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Avian Influenza: UK disease-free with continued vigilance required MoD News 0
sweetpea FREE access and download from the National Archives. History 1
MoD_RSS New free online learning platform to boost workplace skills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Councils given flexibility with free childcare funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Aldi joins Free School Meal voucher scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Government is a strong supporter of free and competitive energy markets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Voucher scheme launches for schools providing free school meals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to provide free car parking for NHS and social care staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plans set out to support pupils eligible for free school meals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free childcare offers to continue during coronavirus closures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Landmark Immigration Bill to end free movement introduced to Parliament MoD News 0
D 132 MP's claim free TV licences Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS Free bicycles for job-seekers in Greater Manchester MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free period products for all schools and colleges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Couple living rent-free at dog charity’s property took charity funds to pay for items including holidays finds Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free meals and summer holiday activities for children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free hospital parking for thousands of patients, staff and carers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PHE and NHS England urge eligible people to get free flu vaccine MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp FREE GANGWAY AT THE DT Current Affairs 1
sweetpea FREE Access on Ancestry. History 2
dapperdunn Free the Levers one. Diamond Lil's 41
SONAR-BENDER Free the Levers Two! Diamond Lil's 17