Free Speech

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by duckrun, May 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Free Speech,

Who is entitled to it?

Permitted to those you agree with?

Barred from those you disagree with?

The BNP would be disallowed because we say we disagree with their values .

Who determines just who should be permitted Free Speech?
  2. Hello Norman :p
    Everyone should be entitled to free speech, after all brave men fought two world wars to give us this privilege.
    In essence this privilege has now been eroded due to laws on racism, sexism, and many other 'isms
  3. There is no absolute "right" to free speech just as there are no universal human rights: they are subjective and therefore paticularistic rights, or to be more precise: liberties.

You have the "right" to be Norman just as the rest of us on RR have the right to be freely abnorman! :biggrin:
  4. You are remarking on the bleedin' obvious --with respect. You tell us "Everyone should be entitled to free speech"
    Try "Free Speech" without referring to "black" and you will find the discrimination laws ineffectual.
    So far as the law is concerned race is Negro Asian and Caucasian Taff or Jock or Mick has nothing to do with race. Mad tribes? possibly but not prosecutable.
  5. I think the issue Norman is why you have asked such a bone question in the first place!!
  6. Clearly not to receive such banal replies
  7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Free speech is great, especially in the gash barge. Fcuk off you broken down dribbling cnut unless your going to spin a dit, whats behind your obsession with senior ranks?

8. Free speech is the right of all who live in this Sceptered Isle ... or is it? Sadly some seem entitled to a bigger share than others. It's important to remember that it's only free so long as you don't offend anyone.

9. Would you care to interpret this bit as I ain't got a fcukin clue what it is your supposed to be saying if anything. Is this serious or are you just trying for a bite?
  11. witsend

Magic dribbler, you've got your hearing aid in (metaphorically speaking). Why not spin the dit and put this to bed?
  12. witsend

13. Well. There's moderation for you.
  14. I have read through this thread, and am I missing something?.
    Whereas this duckrun is obviously a retard, and an echo chamber, the bit I seem not to be up to speed on is the bit about rank.
    Where did that come in? or did I drop off somewhere? FFS somebody tell me what this thread is actually about.
    Duck bollocks do you think you are being censored? and if so by who about what?
    If this a run up to a bleedin heart plug for the BNP FFS say so or fcuk off as I am a silly old tawt and could be dead by the time you make your point. 8O
  15. No. Your'e clearly a very intelligent man that BNP and others would be ill-advised to ignore.
  16. Now I know this is a wind up,............Intelligent?............Nah 8O
  17. You've got it you clever old thing
  18. Right. And this comes from the man who has more comebacks than gary Glitter. come to think of it your nor GG by any chance are you sniffing around young becky 1984???
  19. XRD your wasting your time, I think we have a member talking to himself here.
    A split ID methinks. 8O
  20. Free speech?

We don't have free speech and anybody that believes otherwise is not paying attention.

For instance, if I want to scream "FIRE!" or "BOMB!" in a cinema/theatre/subway/anywhere crowded you can bet your top dollar I'm going to jail and/or getting a fine.

The same way I can't tell newspaper reporters I nailed a celebrity then proceed to give details in how I upended her gush hole whilst I unleashed a torrent of spaff all over her tits, arse and face so massive that within a 2mile radius every fertile woman became pregnant from the spaff in the air...

I'd get taken to court for slander.

Freeom/free speech is a myth used by countries when they want to pay a bit less at the petrol pump.