France & China bid to build new Reactors

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Jul 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If the Chinese reactors are as good as the chinese made tools Trago used to sell, I'd be extremely worried if I lived in those parts.

2. Thank God for that- two reactor building nations who aren't behind the technology curve.

We would definitely fúck it up :)

3. I wonder if the Chinese will go for the nasty uranium type of reactor when the Chinese themselves are going down the route of Thorium reactors instead as they are not as nasty and ... oh. .... cheaper too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not forgetting that Wales has its own mineral deposits of Thorium, negating the extra expense of sourcing the material from Norway or the USA.

5. Ooh, I never knew that. Will they ... do you think ..... nah, it'll never happen, too easy and their friends in the shipping companies will lose out.

6. The problem is that Wales is too busy mining coal for its skilled labour to be taken away from that vital industry. Oh, hang on. . .

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Perhaps all of you Maggie critics will now begin to understand her forward thinking better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Perhaps the Chinese would build a couple of reactors in return for allowing them to base their North Atlantic fleet in Milford Haven. As they are world leaders in Thoridium reactors why bother getting involved with the French gits who already own half our electricity network.

9. They're already planning on building a new hoofin jetty at the Container port in Malta (or were back in 2008 when I was living there).