Found this and thought of you guys

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
That's a good shot of the York doing a steam past Stan. (Number sixty four from the left, front rank- your 'at needs cleaning.)

Used to make I larf whenever you went anywhere with the Yacht, you had to go ashore in rig with the name of your ship labelled across your bonce whilst the yachties minced about in in plain clothes.

Have you noticed in the photo, that scruffy lot on the back end of Britannia ? blummin' 'eck, talk about warming the bell - they're already in civvies & still at sea!

Ninja_Stoker said:
That's a good shot of the York doing a steam past Stan. (Number sixty four from the left, front rank- your 'at needs cleaning.)

Used to make I larf whenever you went anywhere with the Yacht, you had to go ashore in rig with the name of your ship labelled across your bonce whilst the yachties minced about in in plain clothes.

Have you noticed in the photo, that scruffy lot on the back end of Britannia ? blummin' 'eck, talk about warming the bell - they're already in civvies & still at sea!
Notice old Jonesy alongside me on the focsle by the Mk8?? :D last time the old fecker went to sea

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
stan_the_man said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

Notice old Jonesy alongside me on the focsle by the Mk8?? :D last time the old fecker went to sea
Good spot!

His dressing is no better today either - you'd think he'd know better as a Gunner wouldn't you? :wink: