Foul weather gore tex jacket..

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Borochap, Feb 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Which is the current issue?

I have the black one with reflective patches and 'Royal Navy' on the chest but I've heard this one is Here

Cheers in advance.
  2. The one you have is current issue. It was initially issued as foul weather clothing while on a ship, on your bedding card, and returned when you went on draft.

The one at your link was brought in a few years later for wear when shorebased and replaced both the burberry raincoat and windproof working jacket.

Very shortly after the new shorebased jacket became discontinued and the foul weather jacket as worn on ship became the only jacket to be issued. Those shorebased were entitled to a grat issue, those at sea should have had it transferred from their bedding card temporary loan into their kit record book.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Is this "Current Issues" or "Current Affairs"? I'm confoozled now... :shock: :roll:
  4. Got to better than the "Roy Cropper" jackets. Bloody awfull :puke:
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yes - it's called "The Gash (Civvies) Barge". Otherwise known as the Wardroom... :twisted:
  6. Arrse does have a QMs bit, that being their stores bods.
  7. This lot can't even buy a decent foulie or a quilt that fits a bunk. And we trust them to but warships.

How about we start the "gash kit" forum?

I vote the right angle torch as the best piece of crap issued. Anyone better it?
  8. I vote silver shadows for being called running shoes when they clearly are not.
  9. Ye cannae beat the old oilskin they did keep water out.
  10. Pussers right angle,will only work in the bilge and no where else!
  11. I must disagree, my mile and a half time is always at least 30 seconds quicker if I'm wearing Silver Shadows instead of my own trainees
  12. Just a shame your knees and shins will probably give in 5 years earlier!
  13. Used to love the old Pusser's "Penguin Suits" foulies - guaranteed to leak all over yer thighs when you didn't wear the accompanying troosers. Got pulled at NEPTUNE gate coming out of the tunnel with a foulie on by a little 17 year old dabber, who told me that "yer outa rig of the day, foulies are only to be worn in inclement weather".
    As the weather was the customary Faslane monsoon (and I hadn't had a particularly good forenoon on board the boat), my response was along the lines of "get your arse out of your warm little caboose, you might see it's pissing down out here - how inclement would you like the weather to be, numbnuts ?".
    Alas, I didn't see his Big Brother Crusher lurking in the lobby, who promptly trooped me. When the patrol report arrived on board, that well known Naval gentleman Mr Rusty visited the Reg Office, explained the facts of life regarding "inclement weather" on 4 Berth, and threw the charge sheet in the bin. I'd've followed him through famine, fire, pestilence and the plague after that - and still would. A true Gentleman and Scholar.
  14. Doesn't matter, I'll be doing the Rockport Walk by then