Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum sprog question about joining RMR from ex royal

tealy

Midshipman
Alright fellas,
I'm an ex bootneck (5 yrs) and I left in 2004. I'm interested in going RMR and had a couple of questions.
Is the transition easy, i.e do I have any tests etc to pass, are the entry requirements for Officer selection the same as the regulars or would I have to join as an OR first?
Also are there billets available to go on ops and temp drafts with cdo units?
Thanks in advance, sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere too!
PS what dets are in Leeds?

Cheers,
Tealy

1ManRiot

Lantern Swinger
Hi mate, did you hold a comission in the regs?

I wanted to join up and train as an officer but was told you have to go through the motions first.

tealy

Midshipman
No I was OR in the regs too. But I think I'm too old for regular officer, been an old fart at 28...

Why did you leave? I tried to join the Marines but my sister Fukced me over, she told them that i had a Mum and Dad.

tealy

Midshipman
higthepig said:
Why did you leave? I tried to join the Marines but my sister Fukced me over, she told them that i had a Mum and Dad.
That's a shame, get a new sister i reckon.
I left to go to uni, now i'm a trainee accountant but am now realising I might be pussers till I die so I need some magic back in my life. Tried Paul Daniels but he was too rats.

MOOSE

Lantern Swinger
tealy
Leeds Det is part of RMR Tyne - give them a bell they will give you the gen.
if you have been out for over 5 years - no problem re joining - you will unfortunatley loose any seniority or SQ but no re training other than getting your drills up to speed ( normally takes about six months )
Officer wise - submit GRF once up to speed, proceedure then is Unit Board - AIB - RMR Officer training .
if you have any specific qustions re RMR Officer training please feel free to pm me
get yourself back in - you wont regret it !!

tealy

Midshipman
Cheers for that Moose, left end of 04 so havent passed the 5 year mark yet.
I'll send you a pm about the Officer side of things a bit later, thanks for the info.
One question...GRF?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O sprog to the Forum - Doe we still get our pensions at 55 ? Finance & Pensions 7
MoD_RSS UK and US reaffirm relationship at Atlantic Future Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad addresses at the Virtual Climate Vulnerable Forum Leaders’ Event, Chaired by Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy Warsaw announces UK-Poland Green Recovery Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA to host innovation investment networking forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) forum launches this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Amb Pruce's Speech at the Forum on Youths’ SOGIE & Mental Health
 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKAEA Supplier Forum, 3 July MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Seminar with the Forum of Indian Regulators (FOIR) on Better Regulation (20th May) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Caroline Dinenage's keynote speech for the Founders Forum - Healthtech stage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biometrics Commissioner’s address to the Westminster Forum: 5 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COP26 President closing remarks at Placencia Ambition Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COP26 President speech at opening of Placencia Ambition Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office brings together Police and Crime Commissioners at Tackling Crime Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK welcomes journalists from across the Middle East for second UK-Arab Commentators Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities Secretary visits Jerusalem for fifth World Holocaust Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad sets out UK commitment to Declaration of the Stockholm International Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement at the Global Refugee Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Reed's address at the Judicial Forum in Bosnia and Herzegovina MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Turkmen delegation to attend Creative Central Asia Forum in Tashkent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guatemala holds its own Business and Human Rights Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Communique on the UK-Tunisia bilateral forum MoD News 0
slim Was Rum Ration a Better forum in the Olden Days Diamond Lil's 14
MoD_RSS Secretary of State speech at the Ambrosetti Forum: Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Second Polish-British Science Forum to take place in London MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK pavilion at the Economic Forum in Krynica MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO Minister Wheeler visit to Fiji and the Pacific Island Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regional forum for Senior Responsible Officers established in the Midlands region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Secretary of State keynote: UKEF Trade and Export Finance Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Oil and gas fiscal forum returns to Aberdeen for the second year for talks on decommissioning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Belt and Road Forum: Philip Hammond's speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Remembering & Rethinking: the international forum on the Kindertransport at 80 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Welsh Secretary launches Wales-France business forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK and World Economic Forum to lead regulation revolution to foster industries of the future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Secretary of State opens Education World Forum 2019 MoD News 0
J Potential Royal Marines Forum closed? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Speech: Alistair Burt's speech at the UK-Lebanon Business and Investment Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ofsted Early Years Pedagogy and Practice Forum members announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: London hosts inaugural international online courts forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Keynote address welcoming participants to the UK and to the Global Forest Governance Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Lord Chancellor and Lord Chief Justice to address the inaugural international forum on online courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Durham Armed Forces Forum: better supporting a talented and complex veteran community MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Northumberland Armed Forces Forum MoD News 3
MoD_RSS News story: VAPC north east at the County Durham Armed Forces Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Prime Minister's speech to UK Japan Business Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Aerospace Wales Forum hosted by DECA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM speech to the UK-Qatar Business and Investment Forum MoD News 0
pompeyexpat Royal Navy Welfare Forum for families Nearest & Dearest 1
MoD_RSS Speech: Baroness Shields closing speech at the Global Counter Terrorism Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Baroness Shields opening speech at the Global Counter Terrorism Forum MoD News 0