Forthcoming eBook / print book that questions the Thatcher government before, during and after the Falklands Conflict

Falklands Vet

Midshipman
Return to Bomb Alley - The Falklands Deception

by Paul Cardin

1. Why was it never reported that 90 percent of Falklands land was owned by absentee landlords in the UK, and that Falkland Islanders were actually working tenants? How ‘paramount’ were their interests?

2. On the day the ARA Belgrano was sunk, killing 368 Argentine sailors, why had it taken 17 hours for an urgent telegram, containing the full details of the Peruvian peace plan, to reach 10 Downing Street?

3. Was it right for Task Force leader Admiral Sandy Woodward to suggest that ARA Belgrano was part of a pincer movement and therefore represented an imminent threat to Britain’s aircraft carriers?

4. Why was public access to all incoming telegrams sent during the Falklands Conflict embargoed until 2052, or a further 40 years?

5. Why did Foreign Office Minister Nicholas Ridley hold clandestine meetings with the Argentine Junta, where trade deals, Falkland Islands sovereignty and a 99-year leaseback deal were on the table?

6. Why was Britain still selling arms to the fascist Argentine junta just four days before the invasion?

Sumo

War Hero
Return to Bomb Alley - The Falklands Deception

by Paul Cardin

1. Why was it never reported that 90 percent of Falklands land was owned by absentee landlords in the UK, and that Falkland Islanders were actually working tenants? How ‘paramount’ were their interests?

2. On the day the ARA Belgrano was sunk, killing 368 Argentine sailors, why had it taken 17 hours for an urgent telegram, containing the full details of the Peruvian peace plan, to reach 10 Downing Street?

3. Was it right for Task Force leader Admiral Sandy Woodward to suggest that ARA Belgrano was part of a pincer movement and therefore represented an imminent threat to Britain’s aircraft carriers?

4. Why was public access to all incoming telegrams sent during the Falklands Conflict embargoed until 2052, or a further 40 years?

5. Why did Foreign Office Minister Nicholas Ridley hold clandestine meetings with the Argentine Junta, where trade deals, Falkland Islands sovereignty and a 99-year leaseback deal were on the table?

6. Why was Britain still selling arms to the fascist Argentine junta just four days before the invasion?

is this the start of a NI style witch hunt, wheel in the guilty until proven innocent.
No6 because they kept their attack a secret?
No 5 need to know.
No 4 SOP
No3 wok-ism trying to rewrite?
No2 Carrier pigeon was slow?
No1 ??? still British territory.

can you ask similar Q's about WWI & WWII, you may have better access to secrets of the time, and not expect us to feed Jurnos with info?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Is this going to be a book of questions with no conclusions or answers?

looking at his self proclimed attributes of employer destroyer and whistle blower I would add lower deck lawyer, and probably one of those who used to write anonymous letters to blokes wives telling them what their husbands were up to.

Sumo

War Hero
Is this going to be a book of questions with no conclusions or answers?

looking at his self proclimed attributes of employer destroyer and whistle blower I would add lower deck lawyer, and probably one of those who used to write anonymous letters to blokes wives telling them what their husbands were up to.
Misses calls Skimmer whilst i was in Canada.
QM finds my rack empty, instead of telling her the truth, he says he is too pissed to get up and speak to you, as he thought I may have been ashore trapping?

next Phone call/ Maily were interesting, she had forgot I was going out to an Ice Hockey match with a Canadian matelot I had met at the beginning of Sniffle deployment, and was staying at his house?

Edited this was 82 Just as the south was kicking off, wife was calling cus local rag in Plymouth said Danae was already on its way down South, I managed to calm her down when I explained she had just called a Canadian Number to speak to me onboard. Then go and have words with QM of night before.

Last edited: