Formula One

Bernie Ecclestone "I think Kimi Raikkonen will win". Guess what, not only does he win, but Hamilton's car, which was perfect before the race, spits him out with a supposedly duff gearbox. Of course, Bernie Ecclestone owns F1. QED

Right enough! Didn't take my own advice and sent without waiting to calm down. Just felt sorry for Lewis, I suppose. As it happens, I've always thought that the champ should be the one who wins the most races, rather than whoever accumulates the most points, so it was a good call!

come_the_day said:
Bernie Ecclestone "I think Kimi Raikkonen will win". Guess what, not only does he win, but Hamilton's car, which was perfect before the race, spits him out with a supposedly duff gearbox. Of course, Bernie Ecclestone owns F1. QED
Sour grapes from McClaren I think. No duff gear box either, just the electronic wizardry that talks to it from the steering column. Hamilton couldn't find the alternative one - was he at fault?

Hmm, and electronics are supposed to improve cars!

Imagine your car's gearbox cutting out in the outside lane of Motorway! Keep It Simple - Mechanics over the Electronics in a car any day.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Done and dusted, best driver won over the season. It was a close which was good for F1 the points table does nt lie. For the last few years i ve found myself doing all those little DIY jobs around the house but not so much this year. I started watching it again, OK the start, pitstops and the finish.