Former sailor angry he won't receive Diamond Jubilee medal

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by tomm90, Mar 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A bling collecting ex-flunky.....he needs to get a life FFS, personally I'm disgusted I didn't get selected for the silver one, it would have looked nice alongside the gold one......gits :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

As they say, "that's life in a blue suit". Or not in this case.

3. He should be more concerned that he's lost his medals for "serving in conflicts including the Falklands and Gulf wars, as well as trips to Iran, Beirut and Afghanistan"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fair play to the guy, he was off Beirut when a bomb went off!!!!

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm just hoping that my letter is "in the post."

6. What a tit! Which of those medals was awarded to him for bravery? Mine (a not too dissimilar collection to his) were for being in the right place at the right time, nothing more! And if he served in conflicts "including the Falklands" where is his South Atlantic Medal? Bloody walt if you ask me and a disgrace to the service.

7. The only time he's probably seen any 'action' of note is when someone in the Wardrobe has shouted 'help me Steward, I'm burning!'

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  9. Simply too embarrassing for words.

10. Thinking about it, the article says he served 29 years in the the mob (he's 46 now so born in '66) so he was 16 when the Falklands was on (but no medal) and must have left in 2011 so well outside the bracket...tough titty IMO, buy one on e-bay if it worries him that much.

11. Decorated!!! Anway, why TF has the sad twat still got his uniform? All my non returnable kit was left in the cabin gash bin on the day of discharge as it was time to move on.

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Wow, what an inspiration! I am also angry for not being awarded the '1939-1945' Star - it wasn't my fault I wasn't born until 1970, but I think I should be given one... mwaaaaahhhh!!! :cry:

• Like Like x 2
  13. What a prat
    Fckin platelaying bstrd

14. Cor you aint arf stupid, could have sold it on Ebay to a Walt for some good beer tokens

• Like Like x 1
  15. sgtpepperband

...furthermore:

So the way I read that, because he has not been told he is getting one, he assumes he WON'T be getting one?! And also, as he is presumably not currently in public sector employment (i.e. Armed Forces, Police, etc.) he is not eligible. And with regards to his period of service, if he did leave the RN in 2011, then the Chief Pillow Biter badges on his Number 1s were long out of date when he was released.

16. No ribbon on his No1's for the LSGC either? His rig and someone elses gongs perhaps!

17. Sorted! If he is upset that he has not been told then tell him! "Mark Duffy you will not receive one of the medals" - that should make him a bit happier.

• Like Like x 1
  18. This thread is an excellent opportunity for the forums sleuthhounds to bound into action. :)

19. sgtpepperband

Huh? :?

I couldn't really give two hoots, Finks. Like you, this oxygen thief is trying to get a few moments of attention-seeking infamy, so let him crack on while the rest of us move on with our lives... :sleepy2: