Former Royal Navy chef jailed over £1m 'fake' sea bass scam

PedlarP

Lantern Swinger
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...y-chef-jailed-over-1m-fake-sea-bass-scam.html

The judge told Redhead: "The bogus email makes it a particularly serious aggravating feature relating to the fact that you were instrumental in deceiving the public about food during a period of time there is considerable public concern about the origin and correct identification of food products.

I personally don't see what the problem is. When I was in the RN the chefs often deceived us about the origin and correct identification of food products :)

And he sent an email. Didn't know the buggers could write let alone cook. And why ex-Royal Navy? Why not just 'Some crooked businessman conned Iceland?" Unless being ex-navy gets an extra 7 days number 9s. :cool:

And he sent an email. Didn't know the buggers could write let alone cook. And why ex-Royal Navy? Why not just 'Some crooked businessman conned Iceland?" Unless being ex-navy gets an extra 7 days number 9s. :cool:
I think it is because he is an e-chef he should know about food, hence bigger the con, little do these civies know about our food spoilers?

I once asked a chief chef what was for lunch; 'Stamshaw chicken'. I was happy with that but curiosity got the better of me so I made further enquiries. I mention this as evidence that chefs are trained to lie and we love them for it.
For those not too familiar with Pompey, Stamshaw is an area with a large tip so flocks of seagulls were always wheeling overhead: ergo a stamshaw chicken was a shitehawk!

At the time of the Normandy Seagull advert all avian fare was called "Norman"

Norman - Chicken
Festive Norman - Turkey
Aquatic Norman - Duck