Former Royal Navy chef jailed over £1m 'fake' sea bass scam

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by PedlarP, Jan 30, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

The judge told Redhead: "The bogus email makes it a particularly serious aggravating feature relating to the fact that you were instrumental in deceiving the public about food during a period of time there is considerable public concern about the origin and correct identification of food products.

I personally don't see what the problem is. When I was in the RN the chefs often deceived us about the origin and correct identification of food products :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yawn
  3. Whats yer problem Chef?:)
    Babies heads made from steak & Kidney, Shit on a raft, no shit in sight, trainsmash wiv no trains.
    You lot were always fooling us:p:D
    • Like Like x 2
  4. And he sent an email. Didn't know the buggers could write let alone cook. And why ex-Royal Navy? Why not just 'Some crooked businessman conned Iceland?" Unless being ex-navy gets an extra 7 days number 9s. :cool:
  5. "It's all about the bass, no trouble" ?

You could adapt a song for that!!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Looks like he's had his chips!

Taxi for Capn P.
  7. I think it is because he is an e-chef he should know about food, hence bigger the con, little do these civies know about our food spoilers?
  8. lets hope our fishes don't come from the pacific ocean than!
  9. Feckin long swim if they do. :cool:
  10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Because he is. Almost everyone whose crimes ( alleged or actual) make the papers has their biographical detail thrown in. It isn't a conspiracy, it isn't unfair.
  11. There's a Plaice for Guys like him,got no Sole ,
  12. If it was me would they say ex carpet seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. No, probably headline as scheming WAFU twat ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You know me so well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I've haddock enough of this. I'm trout.
  16. I once asked a chief chef what was for lunch; 'Stamshaw chicken'. I was happy with that but curiosity got the better of me so I made further enquiries. I mention this as evidence that chefs are trained to lie and we love them for it.
    For those not too familiar with Pompey, Stamshaw is an area with a large tip so flocks of seagulls were always wheeling overhead: ergo a stamshaw chicken was a shitehawk!
  17. Shitehawk roasted was a speciality of Scapa in the second world war, and is called oosh. I'm told it looks like chicken and tastes of fish, similar to penguin!
  18. Choccy biscuit then.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. At the time of the Normandy Seagull advert all avian fare was called "Norman"

Norman - Chicken
    Festive Norman - Turkey
    Aquatic Norman - Duck