Formal Interview ; what to wear? (Female)

mayabear

So, I've been watching a few videos and reading a lot on a few forums. However, I'm still unsure of one thing. What do I wear to my formal interview? I know that men wear suits. But, I'm not a man. And when I asked my AFCO at my psychometric (I was wearing a formal shirt, and dress pants) they said a blouse and they complimented a guy in the suit saying "Men should come just like that" but they didn't say that I should wear my formal shirt to my interview. Does it matter about what colour I need? I thought a white blouse would be good, but they're ridiculously hard to find. A good looking one anyway. So could I wear a blue or black blouse? And if I can't track down a white blouse, what's the next best thing?

Also, I realise just how girly this seems but I can't find good information anywhere :)

InstaDan

Lantern Swinger
Just google female formal interview attire and I'm sure what you gather from there will be fine.

It's the military in the middle of a retention crisis. You aren't going to get turned away because your black blouse isn't as smart as a white blouse. Just don't turn up in trackies.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
As long as you turn up for a job interview dressed as you feel comfortable and feel appropriate for office wear rather than sparkly, fluorescent, sequined nightclub duds, you'll be fine. Recommend if you have long hair (male or female), you tie it back, or up rather than skulk behind an unkempt fleece. Jewellery & make-up (male or female), go for minimal & understated. Hair should be naturally coloured when you actually join, ie titian, brown, blonde, black rather than unicorn.

mayabear

Just google female formal interview attire and I'm sure what you gather from there will be fine.

It's the military in the middle of a retention crisis. You aren't going to get turned away because your black blouse isn't as smart as a white blouse. Just don't turn up in trackies.
Thank you!
As long as you turn up for a job interview dressed as you feel comfortable and feel appropriate for office wear rather than sparkly, fluorescent, sequined nightclub duds, you'll be fine. Recommend if you have long hair (male or female), you tie it back, or up rather than skulk behind an unkempt fleece. Jewellery & make-up (male or female), go for minimal & understated. Hair should be naturally coloured when you actually join, ie titian, brown, blonde, black rather than unicorn.
Thanks for the helpful tips :)

Maran?4

Midshipman
For mine I just wore smart clothes. Doesn’t have to be trousers and a blouse (I’m female). Even a smart dress with black tights and smart shoes would suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk