forgotten my ID after leave

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by CallumPM, Jan 4, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's the deal with getting back on base??

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Probably best to take another form of ID with you and upon arrival, hope someone is able to come to the gate to vouch for you.

3. Any friend as long as they have their ID is it?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Usually, yes.

5. Is your ID card onboard or at home?

If at home you'll probably have to get a temporary ID (paper) that the OOD can issue from the main gate of whatever camp. HMS Drake main gate does them for Guzz dockyard. I've had one from Nelson in Pompey before.

If its just on board then just get an oppo to vouch as others have said.

6. 7 days no 9's

7. Not these days, an MAA possibly.

8. Help an "old un" out. What is an MAA?

9. Minor Administrative Action, basically the crushers get saved a job and they get extra work etc.

10. What would be the outcome, hypothetically, if a rating was found to be urinating while itoxicated somewhere they shouldnt. Roughly.

11. Groundhog wrote: What would be the outcome, hypothetically, if a rating was found to be urinating while itoxicated somewhere they shouldnt. Roughly.

It can be a problem if you are caught writing your name in the snow, particularly if the admiral recognises his wife's handwriting.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sackable? or not?

13. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sounds like we have a nice story building up here. Tell me your story, I won't tell anyone!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Keel haul or MAA.

Last time it happened to me I was just told: "Use the Gents, not the Ladies next time. And that's not a urinal".

15. Sackable? WTF were you pissing all over to worry about that?

16. The joss's sarnie box.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. £40 fine if you're in Helensburgh

A mate told me, OK.

18. Ninja_Stoker

Anyone remember the nasty casualty slides they used to show you in training?

There was one photo of a guy who pee-ed on a live shore power connection box in Pompey dockyard.

440Volts to the 'nads appears to have been punishment enough. Taught me a lesson - always check with a set of Wibres before you have a pee. (It's now a verse in the Lobster Song, I think).

19. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Report to OOD when you get back. It's different for lost than misplaced. Take your MAA like a man (or woman): the leaves won't sweep themselves up you know.

Ahhh.... urination in an improper place. If I had a pound for every matelot I've been to table with for that. Used to use up most of every Wednesday morning at COLLINGRAD for that. So well done on the Army's gift of MAA.

Mind you, every time I go through the doors of COLLINGRAD I feel like peeing all over the place.....