Forgotten grave found and restored by sailor and his dog.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by northern-matelot, Oct 27, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice to know this close to remembrance that we are still remembering the dead before us (and finding those lost by the sidelines) and restoring their final resting places to former glory. As a note though, I'd have thought one's would have been appropriate as opposed to 4's with medals. Are we now going down the route of the army and going to parade in working rig as a standard?

https://navynews.co.uk/archive/news/item/13495

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. The only one wearing medals with his PCS is the bish, and they're a bit weird at the best of times!!!!

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

True. There a few military occupations that pay a wage based on the belief of a fictional character, rather than the ability of the individual :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Maybe the only one wearing medals with his PCS, but my comment on wearing 4's / PCS on parade still stands Wrecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

To be fair, the Padre does have his bling on the scarf he is wearing.

The figure on the right is a fine figure of a man, I did not know they made uniform that size!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Re-reading the dit, most of them are OC's from BRNC and Phase 1's from Raleigh. They may not have 1's yet.

7. OCs from BRNC are certainly issued with No 1 Uniform. They were all wearing it for the open weekend when parents and partners visit early in their course.

I see that the army major was wearing medals. Nice to see a sense of decorum!

8. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Christ on a bike, will people ever stop moaning about things that really dont matter?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

'tis a miracle! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

And on the third day he rode again.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anyone else spotted that Maj Charlie King appears to have come to the ceremony straight from his primary school?

Oh and well done WO1 Paskins.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Is this a "Don't policemen look young nowadays?" type of observation or a "feast of the Passover" drip? ;)

13. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No, it looks like you will constantly keep us in condition with your moaning about our moaning though! :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. I'm glad that other people have noticed that as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1