Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgotten grave found and restored by sailor and his dog.

Nice to know this close to remembrance that we are still remembering the dead before us (and finding those lost by the sidelines) and restoring their final resting places to former glory. As a note though, I'd have thought one's would have been appropriate as opposed to 4's with medals. Are we now going down the route of the army and going to parade in working rig as a standard?

https://navynews.co.uk/archive/news/item/13495

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The only one wearing medals with his PCS is the bish, and they're a bit weird at the best of times!!!!

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
To be fair, the Padre does have his bling on the scarf he is wearing.

The figure on the right is a fine figure of a man, I did not know they made uniform that size!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Maybe the only one wearing medals with his PCS, but my comment on wearing 4's / PCS on parade still stands Wrecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re-reading the dit, most of them are OC's from BRNC and Phase 1's from Raleigh. They may not have 1's yet.

Exprop

Lantern Swinger
Re-reading the dit, most of them are OC's from BRNC and Phase 1's from Raleigh. They may not have 1's yet.
OCs from BRNC are certainly issued with No 1 Uniform. They were all wearing it for the open weekend when parents and partners visit early in their course.

I see that the army major was wearing medals. Nice to see a sense of decorum!

Bad CO

Admin
Anyone else spotted that Maj Charlie King appears to have come to the ceremony straight from his primary school?

Oh and well done WO1 Paskins.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Reconnecting the railways: communities awarded funding to restore Beeching rail links and forgotten stations MoD News 0
soleil The Not Forgotten Association - 'Forgot You Not' Gift Box For WWII Veterans History 1
MoD_RSS Missing but not forgotten MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt: the Rohingya crisis must not be forgotten MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: We can't let war children be forgotten generation MoD News 0
C forgotten my ID after leave Bases / Shore Est 18
Hunloin Not heard anything for ages, have I been forgotten about? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
soleil Scotsman: "Admiral Lord Cochrane: Scotland's Forgotten Hero" History 3
sgtpepperband Pompey News: "Divers want to trace families of ‘forgotten’ D-Day heroes" History 0
soleil Navy News: "Reservists Honour The 'Forgotten' Invasion Of France" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 12
B Have They Forgotten About Me? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
Blackrat Have You Forgotten? Diamond Lil's 29
OSLO Eileen Nearne; Forgotten Past Current Affairs 10
S Lancastria: Britain's Forgotten Disaster History 11
rod-gearing Forgotten already Diamond Lil's 2
H AIB Prep - anything iv forgotten Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
mikh The Forgotten Part of Rum Ration Diamond Lil's 20
N HMS Glamorgan(The Forgotten Destroyer) Current Affairs 6
BillyNoMates The forgotten boat. Submariners 1
brazenhussy gone but not forgotten Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS News story: The grave of Private Frederick Foskett, Lancashire Fusilier, killed during the Great War rededicated a century later MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Facing a Grave Challenge to International Peace and Security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of courageous World War 2 pilot has been rededicated 77 years after his death MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of D-Day army medic rededicated 74 years after his death MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: An unknown British World War 1 sailor's grave identified and rededicated a centrury after his death MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of a Seaforth Highlander rededicated 100 years after he was killed in world war 1 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: WW2 fusilier's grave rededicated 74 years after his death MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of Kent born WW2 Pilot Officer finally rededicated after 77 years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of Yorkshire born WW1 second lieutenant finally rededicated nearly a... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of brave Sussex born WW1 sailor finally rededicated almost a century later MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of brave Nottingham born WW2 airman finally rededicated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of Northumberland born World War 2 prisoner of war finally rededicated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: World War 2 Royal Warwickshire 2nd Lieutenant's grave identified after almost... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: World War 2 servicemen's grave rededication MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of World War 1 sailor rededicated 100 years after his death MoD News 0
MoD_RSS War grave thief convicted Current Affairs 9
MasterChief Help in finding info on a war grave History 4
soleil T'grph: Nuclear Boats In Service Despite Grave Safety Flaws Submariners 3
WreckerL George Formby will be turning in his grave Diamond Lil's 9
finknottle Cradle to the grave. Current Affairs 15
NotmeChief He must be turning in his grave. History 3
MasterChief help with a Naval War Grave The Quarterdeck 10
golden_rivet revenge from beyond the grave Current Affairs 13
MasterChief Help in finding info on a war grave Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
MoD_RSS Quagga mussels found in the River Trent and Rutland Water MoD News 0
Waspie Found in garage! Miscellaneous 18
MoD_RSS Charity regulator launches inquiry into church found promoting fake Covid-19 protection kits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Competition concerns found in digital advertising merger MoD News 0
MoD_RSS London woman imprisoned for longer after firearms found at her flat MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Independent primary school managers found guilty of running additional illegal school MoD News 0