Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgot to declare something!

lilcho

Had my medical last week, all went well... Only thing is, long story short.. I photocopied all my naval documents (medical questionnaire, applications etc) just incase they ever got lost, and just recently reading through I have realised I forgot to declare I went to A&E for a very minor knock 5 years ago under the question 'have you gone to hospital for illness/injury/operation'. Obviously this wont bar me from entry but I dont want to cause any issues.

what shall I do? Shall I ring and tell them?

Last edited:

lilcho

Yes I think ill have to contact my AFCO. I'm not as concerned about the old minor injury, its more the rhinitis from years ago - reason is because I don't want to roll up to Raleigh and get sent home.

JWG

Yes I think ill have to contact my AFCO. I'm not as concerned about the old minor injury, its more the rhinitis from years ago - reason is because I don't want to roll up to Raleigh and get sent home.

New to the Site :) Forgive me for either being naive or stupid but how would Raleigh find out? I would have thought they are only likely to look into records if a problem arose?

JWG

I'm not saying they should lie. I was just wondering if they would actually go through everybody's records as by that stage anything that would actually cause a problem would have, more than likely, shown up.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
New to the Site :) Forgive me for either being naive or stupid but how would Raleigh find out? I would have thought they are only likely to look into records if a problem arose?
Interesting that this thread is resurrected 6 months later on a whim, presumably using the words in the thread title on a site search.

Your medical notes are scrutinised when you join, anything not declared, subsequently found to have been an undisclosed pre existing injury or condition will result in dismissal for a fraudulent application.

It happens more frequently than many assume - sometimes just days before or after entry.

nemesis1066

Lantern Swinger
I am with Ninja Stoker. Fail to declare something at your peril!

The fraudulent entry charge is a career long possibility if something occurs that can be traced back to exist prior to joining. It is a matter personal standards, honesty and integrity.

Fess up - gain a little respect for being honest!

JWG

Just to clarify I am not in the rn an haven't applied either. Was more a query. But would have to agree, integrity comes into it and there's not much point somebody omitting something

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just to clarify I am not in the rn an haven't applied either. Was more a query. But would have to agree, integrity comes into it and there's not much point somebody omitting something
Fair call. The query being; "If someone intends to 'forget', in advance, to declare a pre-existing condition/injury which is a potential bar to entry, will it be discovered? (asking for a friend)".

A; It usually is, yes, and penalties are attached.

The simple fact is the standards for entry have evolved over many years, sometimes through tragic circumstances. In the game of warfare, lives are at stake and we have to reduce the risk to the individual and those who rely upon them as an integral part of a combat team operating in extreme conditions, enduring extraordinary circumstances.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil The Not Forgotten Association - 'Forgot You Not' Gift Box For WWII Veterans History 1
cobra_wasp97 Just came out of the recruiting office, forgot to ask two most important questions... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S Forgot to put things on medical forms... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
BillyNoMates I forgot. Diamond Lil's 16
E The one question i forgot to ask the AFCO! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
NotmeChief Shit - I forgot. Diamond Lil's 0
TattooDog Bigamist Forgot To Get Divorced - Twice! The Gash Barge 0
MoD_RSS Natural England to declare a new London National Nature Reserve MoD News 0
NotmeChief Nigeria: Battle Line! UK to Declare War on Delta Militants Current Affairs 1
C USN declare war on Clyde ferry Current Affairs 41
B Something Interesting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
slim House Purchase something new to be aware of when buying a House Current Affairs 0
A Waiting for something to happen after PJFT! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Kiwi33 Re Join question. Failed Diver trying something different. Joining the Royal Navy 2
themuddyduck Security and DBS checks - Am I missing something? Joining the Royal Navy 4
skyvet Did I miss something? Diamond Lil's 8
M Something to bear in mind for Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 19
Rodgersthecabinboy Something smells fishey.... Diamond Lil's 0
3 Is this something to worry about? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Scouse_Scribes Journey - you mean how I did something Diamond Lil's 3
stan_the_man Never thought I would post something like this Diamond Lil's 74
N Something to be cheerful about? Current Affairs 5
U Has something just happened to HDT travel expenses? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 33
MG Maniac Just for the Woo's Something for the weekend???? The Fleet Air Arm 2
N Video games or something else? Diamond Lil's 4
O Get something free! The Quarterdeck 0
janner Something for the weekend Miscellaneous 0
northern-matelot Something not quite right... The Quarterdeck 21
bigglesbandicoot There are something even I wont do (Sibling Sex) Diamond Lil's 17
C I need to know something Health & Fitness 32
NotmeChief Something amiss? Diamond Lil's 1
golden_rivet er ... am I missing something ...? Current Affairs 18
2_deck_dash Generic plastic tubs or something similar. The Gash Barge 34
sussex2 Gulp! or something like that.... Diamond Lil's 13
Stirling Now tell us something we don't know. Diamond Lil's 6
Ja5on I think there is something wrong with me The Quarterdeck 18
Waspie Learned something today History 20
Nails How to get something free from a store The Gash Barge 34
_Tim_ This is something that's had me thinking Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 77
T Something to keep Blobbs and Pongoshagger aroused..... Diamond Lil's 7
J.J. 22 Years - Did I Miss Something? Current Affairs 1
sgtpepperband Something Smells.... Diamond Lil's 12
T Just applied, how long to hear something? The Corps 9
NZ_Bootneck Something for the Ladies The Gash Barge 9
sgtpepperband What to wear when your wife wants you to do something... The Gash Barge 13
rosinacarley Is there something in the water today? The Gash Barge 65
brazenhussy Name Something associated with a pub Diamond Lil's 81
N Something for us old Bomber Queens !! Submariners 19
H Something about tits, I think.... The Gash Barge 29
Lingyai There's something about Miriam Diamond Lil's 13