Forget terrorists, here's the real threat...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Shakey, Nov 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From an ex-MOD spokesman:

The Earth is wide open to alien attack, a former Government advisor has warned.

Nick Pope said the department that formally investigated UFO sightings had closed down, meaning unexplained phenomena were not being investigated.

Mr Pope, who ran the Ministry of Defence UFO project from 1991 to 1994, said there had been a series of "highly credible" alien sightings and landings in the UK.

"The consequences of getting this one wrong could be huge," he said.

"If you reported a UFO sighting now, I am absolutely sure that you would just get back a standard letter telling you not to worry.

"Frankly, we are wide open - if something does not behave like a conventional aircraft now, it will be ignored.

"The X-Files have been closed down."

Mr Pope said those working for the MoD UFO project spend their time releasing formerly classified documents in answer to Freedom of Information requests from the media or members of the public.

The UFO expert resigned from his MoD post at the Directorate of Defence Security this week.

He said there was no evidence of UFO hostile intent - but it could not be ruled out.

"There has got to be the potential for that and one is left with the uneasy feeling that if it turned out to be so, there is very little we could do about it," he said.

"If you believe these things are extra terrestrial craft then you cannot rule out that what is happening is some kind of covert reconnaissance."

The MoD insisted that all UFO sightings were investigated for "evidence to suggest that UK airspace has been compromised by hostile or unauthorised air activity.

"Unless there is such evidence, the MoD doesn't attempt to positively identify what was seen."

Article here at Sky News.

2. Alien Invasion, the only thing that might unite humanity (but I wouldn't bet on it :twisted: ).

3. This is something that has fascinated me for years. With endless space and time there has to be something in such a fathomless area and one would hope more intelligent than the occupants of this fair piece of space junk. I can imagine any form of intelligent life writing this place off and saying we'll come back to clean up the mess. On the other hand we could be used for target practice or as I've often thought a cosmic zoo. Whatever the truth the possibilities are as endless as space and time. Recommend the NASA site for those who like to keep up to date on space news, absolutely incredible stuff,

8O

4. I don't think the arguement can be put better than by Monty Python ...

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
    And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,
    That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
    A sun that is the source of all our power.
    The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see
    Are moving at a million miles a day
    In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
    Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.
    Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
    It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
    It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
    But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.
    We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
    We go 'round every two hundred million years,
    And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
    In this amazing and expanding universe.
    The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
    In all of the directions it can whizz
    As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
    Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
    So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
    How amazingly unlikely is your birth...

And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
    'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

5. Don't let the Government, the HSE or the daft sods in the EU read that. They would probably insist that, if we are all travelling at those speeds, we should wear seat belts all the time!

6. sing along at:

http://www.space.gc.ca/asc/eng/kidspace/stuff.asp

7. Whenever I fly some where , I look down & think fxxxxxxxxxxg hell theres peaple down there bombing & killing each other , the world has gone mad , yes I know there has always been violence on this planet , but it does make you wonder , Capt Kirk where are you , you have saved the rest of the universe what about your own planet , :)

8. hmm I'd 'Engage' with Captain Picard any time ... however I always found the depiction of life on Earth under the Unified Earth Government as rather sterile and lacking in character, however peaceful ...

I know what you mean though - I think I could be content with leader/rulers who I felt just gave a damn about us ...

9. Totally awesome.

Now how many out there has actually viewed a UFO in a field hovering.

One guy I know did!! ok he was going home from the pub so what. He told us in work one day in meal break[does anybody remember the dinner hour] then for yonks he had bin lids thrown past the window.

Invasion from the stars??? We are in save hands!! We have Chuck who is a Blue Squadron Leader ready to fight of all Cylons no problem.

http://battlestarfanclub.com/battlestar/index.html

Before you ask nephew showed me the site. Say we should be happy we have these guys on our side.

Yeh beam me up Scotty there aint no intelligent life down here.

Scotty is up there now watching over us.
    http://www.upaerospace.com/ You can also have your ashes scattered in the heavens.

Whatever next?? Besides buying and naming a star of course for your recently departed loved one. With free star chart ask my aunt for details.

10. Well, a bit nearer to home, all i can say is thank fcuk Sir Isaac Newton invented Gravity , or where would we be now.?

11. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Too late, Richard Brunstrom is already working out how his North Wales Speed Camera Partnership can profit from this revelation! :)

12. Higthepig

Before Newton's discovery, think of all the years the good Folk of Lincolnshire wasted putting nets over apple trees, only to be disappointed at the poor catch.

13. just what proof have you that they actually did?????

14. What proof is there that a falling apple inspired Newton's thoughts?

You show me yours first!

15. He didnt!The Earth sucks!