Foreign Currency

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by finknottle, Aug 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this is in the right place or not, if not I have no doubt the powers that be will shift it.

I have yet to find a better deal for your holiday foreign currency that here, check it out.

https://www.corporatetravelmoney.com/saga/

2. Cheers for that Finks, I'm off to the States soon, so will need lots of Coupons.
    I've always used the Post Office up to now. I'm in the Saga zone :thumright: So I'll use them instead
    RoofRat

3. Marks and sparks do a bloody deal also :elephant:

4. You could of course open a NationWide Flexi account and get yourself a bit of plastic. Then in any country in the world that has a hole in the wall machine of the correct type, which is most, draw out cash in the local currency up to £200 a time. On your return to the UK you will find no charge for the service and if you did it today in Euro land you would have received €1.4728 for £1GBP which is the official exchange rate at close of business today with no dedutions.

Now you cannot beat that.

Nutty

You could of course use Saga and lose 3.2 cents per pound, buy more currency then you need or less than you need and have to purchase expensive money in the USA or where ever or lose when you change it back.

5. Nutty, useful one, thanks.

6. I use my HSBC credit card, good exchange rate and no charges.

7. travelex.co.uk are identical price today to saga and normally beat all others - you can go into any branch of First Choice Travel and they will match or beat the best deal that you have been quoted (they check it out first)

I bought £500 in US $ at £1 : $2 two weeks ago from First Choice - no charges for sale or cashback

8. DIB-DOBS!

Sorry for the outburst; I just couldn't believe this thread had got this far without the jack term!

And cheers Nutty I have a Flex-Account but didn't know that. Happy Days!

h-o-o

9. Just a reminder for those deploying, you'll always get the best rate via the Ships Office/Admin Office on Camp or wherever you are. It's at the HMG rate which is far better than the market rate.