Foreign applicants

Discussion in 'International' started by Snaggletooth, Feb 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I went into the careers office today to start my application, had some bad news on my part that they weren't taking any applicants from Zimbabwe this has just come about in the past few months, I remember doing the RM application and getting a recruit training date with no worries at all, this was a year ago. Basically I was wondering why they're doing this is it due to the economy? Also has anyone else had same problem from a different country. Bearing in mind I've been here 5 years now. It's not a problem was just curious why this has come about. Any advice would be great.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  2. OMM

OMM War Hero

I think that there's been a change of circumstances with gaining information on applicants from Zimbabwe.

If they won't supply your background checks then you won't get in unfortunately.
  3. Foreign Applicants for the Navy? Isnt that what started the war of 1812 with the septics? :usa2::grin:
  4. Sounds like the typical Zimbabwe government making it that much harder to do anything oh well not long to get nationalised anyway so no biggy

Yeah I think that was one of the reasons for the war of 1812 something to do with the British being allowed to join the American ships but not the other way round don't quote me though but it wasn't a main factor there was also the trade and the matter of independence. Don't see what it's got to do with this thread though :confused:

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

This happens from time to time if countries are suspended from the Commonwealth.

The issue is also to do with diplomatic links with regard the exchange of security related information. Mr Mugabe unfortunately has a lot to answer for.
  6. Yep he certainly does! No biggy though I've got till I'm 30!
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Never had these problems with Rhodesia :angel10:
  8. "Never had these problems with Rhodesia :angel10:"

1965 UDI ring any bells? Granted Mugabe is Cnut of the highest order. However had Smith and his cronies assented to the gradual and orderly (also inevitable) transition to majority rule then the guerilla leaders wouldn't have had war to fight and pirates like Mugabe wouldn't have had a look in.
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Navigator in the Alaric at the time was Rhodesian, he disappeared overnight. So the answer to your question will be yes I remember UDI
  10. Not in 1812 it didn't.

Was there a reason you didn't follow through with the RM application though?
  11. Saying that, there is an American serving in the Andrew.
  12. I did follow through and got a rt date but unfortunately for me I had a slight heart problem which is now repaired not barring me from entry any more apart for the Zimbabwean bit Haha