Forces Reunited

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by PinkMafiosi, Jan 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on the site. My experience has been that it's rather 'buggy' and response to 'Contact Us' is non-existent. I recognise it's significance and popularity - nearly half a million members makes it so, but I feel there is room for improvement.
  2. I agree. Whilst it's intentions are well meant, it still requires an annual fee which IMO is archaic and small minded given that other similar sites are now free, or operate a voluntary system of contributions. In additio to this, I made the conscious decision to leave the site after a spate of racisit and white supremacist threads and posts which I felt had the effect of portraying the armed forces in an extremely poor light. I hasten to add that the threads were locked once I reported them. I often wonder what would have happened to those threads and the people making the posts if I hadn't reported them.

I also can't contact them to 'unsubscribe'...the facility just doesn't seem to exist. :evil:
  3. 'Ere! You're not one of the forces reunited staff are you? I've just this minute had an email from them!! I shit you not!!
  4. Big brother is watching you 8O
  5. or emailing in this case :D 8O but I was a member and found it very hard to use.

Eidted due special moment on the keyboard
  6. Rest assured, I am not some F-R sneaky beaky 8) but yes - not easy to use, a chargeable fee is odd (although I coughed up) and I'm still awaiting some sort of response...hint, hint
  7. They keep E-mailing me evey week to rejoin, carnt be botherd, fcuk em
  8. I found half a dozen old mates on Forces Reunited... used their contact/send message to a friend facility, one got back to me. Having said that, people do change their email addresses and who knows how long ago that was. It's either that or I was such a [email protected] that none of the fcukers want to know me now !
  9. some folk dont want to have anything to do with the forces after they leave......
    Love the Forces - hate the MOD
  10. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I keep getting reminder E mails, about 6 so far. Can't make up my mind, so obviously I'm not that bothered.
  11. I personally think it's 'lost it's touch'. It used to be a free site but now they are charging. Why bother using something like that, when there are other sites that a free :wink: