Forces retention incentive dip out

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Shezza, Jun 1, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The new faraday Leading hand course return of service is 2 years after qualifying. The window for FRI ends in April 2019 so would that mean that anyone, including myself, going on course after April 2016 won't qualify for the bonus because they won't complete their RoS until the window has closed! Bearing in mind that the course takes nearly a year and return of service doesn't start until completion of LET's course.

2. You haven't dipped out, you just haven't dipped in...

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

For the reasons the OP quotes, he / she doesn't qualify. What's so hard OP?

4. If you think that's awful, I never got free mess undress because I got promoted too early, disgusting.

You'll get over it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I never got free mess undress and was out of the band for for every redundancy and FRI for the ME world!!

Shit happens, world still revolves.

• Like Like x 2
  6. They get it free now!!!!

Mine cost £300 and I wore it 3 times :(

7. They do. I hate them.

8. Same here, one of my oppos got busted and ended up better off as he got a killicks FRI and a global.

The ******.

9. I feel your pain. I've missed out on every WESM FRI for various reasons; having served too long for an LWEMs one, to being too junior for the first CPOWEA one, to having sold my soul to the dark side and commissioning. I'm convinced that the first action on deciding to award any FRI to the WESM cadre is to pull my service docs up and make sure that I don't qualify.

10. That's a case of either your face really fits or you really pissed someone off?
    Never had mess undress, never found a valid use for one.
    Missed 2 redundancy calls, where I may have escaped, I was having to good a time, and the one I applied for they told me to sod off, me and the OA applied together, we were both told to sod off so we had a few beers, then he gets the yes nod, Bastard, so we had some more beers, he managed to dip in more than I did?

11. I've never even had any free socks. @Ninja_Stoker promised there'd be free socks. I only signed up for the free socks...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. had load of free sock, I was a strange submariner I used to wash mine, in fact I have a pair of pusser woolly socks on now and I left in 1998, so they old ones last well.

13. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

I've got some free socks that I'll sell to you - only £5 a pair...

14. Is that a matching pair or just 2 random socks together?

15. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Sorry - State Secret, need to know and all that ;-)