Forces discount

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Stepto, May 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had a look and couldn't find a thread where people can add any discounts that they have found out about on the high street. In these times I thought it may be useful.

Halfords-Ask for a trade card. Very good discounts on many items.
    Dominos Pizza-50% off
    Costa Coffee-20% off
    Motorway Services-20% off all the shops in the one I was at yesterday!

Any others?

Kind regards,
  2. most hiking shops like blacks and millets etc offer a discount havnt a clue what percentage they offer, but i know they do one
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

4. Forces Discount is a decent site but still can't find many of the day to day things on there, it's mainly certain companies that aren't nationwide.
  5. Sounds like a great idea to list high street retailers etc. that offer discounts to the Armed Forces. Having spent some time in the good old US of A, a lot of retailers advertise discounts at the checkout on production of ID card, including UK Armed Forces.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hi guys,
    A discount haven't a clue what percentage they offer, but i know they do one.
  7. do you not feel like a plum when they say no at the counter?
  8. You could try feeling your own plums up at the counter, see if it helps the discount situation any 8O
  9. I ask for a discount in most shops and get some really good deals....Don't ask....Don't get
    My son cringes, but I tell him that most of his inheritance relies on me getting a result......he's looking worried now ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. At one time it used to be how much for cash!
  11. :?

I know really, but thought I'd ask as we all know what assumption is.
  12. My local Dominoes don't do the deal unfortunately. :(
  13. What's the deal at Costa, just show ID?

Tresspass (spell) do 10%.
  14. Its a shame when most high street stores offer student discounts but dont offer military discounts.
  15. Yeah, it takes the piss that.
  16. Which company was this? I travel a lot and would certainly prefer to stop at services which have this offer.

Granada which became MOTO a few years ago gave 20% off everything except cigarettes and fuel, including in the forecourt shop.

Recently they've turned me down in the shop so I contacted their head office and was told that the 20% discount now only applies to catering outlets on their service areas.

When I asked in the M&S Food Shop in Exeter Services a few months ago I was told that it was a franchise and the staff there don't get a discount but have to give discount to M&S staff!!

It's always worth asking though, wherever you go, you may get something knocked off. Got into Madame Tussauds for free with the wife a few years ago, more recently got discount in the York dungeon which was only worth about 20p compared to the price of a family ticket!
  17. More discounts

Apple Store - 8% (excluding IPAD and I-Phone)
    Millets - 10%
  18. theres also this one

Untitled document

Only used it a few times, but the card has paid for it self
  19. Does anyone know of a good discount on mobile phone contract?
  20. With Apple the discount amount depends on the product. (Up to 8%) As forces/ex forces you get the same discount as students, teachers and every other MF who can get money off! Still, the discount on a Mac Book Pro = the price of the extended warranty! Anything off is a bonus.