Forces discount

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
Just had a look and couldn't find a thread where people can add any discounts that they have found out about on the high street. In these times I thought it may be useful.

Halfords-Ask for a trade card. Very good discounts on many items.
Dominos Pizza-50% off
Costa Coffee-20% off
Motorway Services-20% off all the shops in the one I was at yesterday!

Any others?

Kind regards,
Stepto.

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
Forces Discount is a decent site but still can't find many of the day to day things on there, it's mainly certain companies that aren't nationwide.

Sounds like a great idea to list high street retailers etc. that offer discounts to the Armed Forces. Having spent some time in the good old US of A, a lot of retailers advertise discounts at the checkout on production of ID card, including UK Armed Forces.

I ask for a discount in most shops and get some really good deals....Don't ask....Don't get
My son cringes, but I tell him that most of his inheritance relies on me getting a result......he's looking worried now ;-)

Stepto said:
Motorway Services-20% off all the shops in the one I was at yesterday!
Which company was this? I travel a lot and would certainly prefer to stop at services which have this offer.

Granada which became MOTO a few years ago gave 20% off everything except cigarettes and fuel, including in the forecourt shop.

Recently they've turned me down in the shop so I contacted their head office and was told that the 20% discount now only applies to catering outlets on their service areas.

When I asked in the M&S Food Shop in Exeter Services a few months ago I was told that it was a franchise and the staff there don't get a discount but have to give discount to M&S staff!!

It's always worth asking though, wherever you go, you may get something knocked off. Got into Madame Tussauds for free with the wife a few years ago, more recently got discount in the York dungeon which was only worth about 20p compared to the price of a family ticket!

More discounts

Apple Store - 8% (excluding IPAD and I-Phone)
Millets - 10%
With Apple the discount amount depends on the product. (Up to 8%) As forces/ex forces you get the same discount as students, teachers and every other MF who can get money off! Still, the discount on a Mac Book Pro = the price of the extended warranty! Anything off is a bonus.