Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Just another crook to add to the list of crooks drawing expenses from the public purse. The allowances that Servicemen and -women receive for living and working in London are enough for anyone to live on. What makes me laugh is That at least 2 of the 3 alternative addresses that I was shown prior to working in Main Building (Kennington and near Greenwich) were owned by MPs!

fishhead

War Hero
The BBC are reporting that a record number of MPs are leaving Parliament for good when the election is called next year The stated reasons are mainly to do with the Expenses scandal and the new regime.I think for many it is "take the money and run the gravy train has slowed right down."
There is worry in some quarters that the newly elected MPs will have too high a proportion of inexperienced people.I don't care as long as they don't try to pick up the expense fiddling baton from the outgoing crowd.

Flagdeck

War Hero
And they talk about 'public service' ..... how many MP's have you heard say...'I came into politics to......' 'Serve the people who elected me'
'Put something back'
'Change society for the better'
'Help create a fairer system'

Now they are giving the reason for leaving as..... 'I've been found with my hand in the till and I can no longer fleece the taxpayer so I'm going'

I somehow can't see the next lot with halo's above their heads, but there again, maybe I'm cynical !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N To Whom Does The Land of Israel Belong The Gash Barge 9
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp To whom it may concern The Gash Barge 102
Stripey_G How Do You Decide Whom To Marry? Diamond Lil's 10
A Spot what belongs to whom competition Diamond Lil's 31
cheddarman Ships Bell Submariners 7
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Bell 429 GlobalRanger, un-commanded yaw pedal movement and trim runaway MoD News 0
Bad CO HMS Arrow - Anyone Know Where the Ship's Bell Is? History 17
MoD_RSS Life Sciences and UK's future role: Sir John Bell delivers MHRA annual lecture MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bell from American ship destroyed in Second World War going home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Professor Keith Bell appointed to Committee on Climate Change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Uk gifts historic SS Mendi Bell from WW1 to South Africa MoD News 0
H My name on HMS illustrious bell Nearest & Dearest 6
S Searching for a ship's bell Nearest & Dearest 5
B Bell's Palsy - Medical Health & Fitness 1
B A Ships Bell HMS Herald (H138) History 7
M christened in a ships bell History 14
soleil L'pool Echo: "Special Dedication Ceremony For Those Christened w. HMS Liverpool Bell" The Fleet 0
A Ships bell Blogs 0
A HMS Devonshire Ships bell The Fleet 9
trelawney126 HMS Hood. Search for her Bell. History 17
soleil Eipley & Heanor News: "Submarine Bell Back To Generous Alfreton" Submariners 0
C Did anyone give Tetley's a Bell??? Social & Reunions 19
soleil BBC Lincolnshire: "HMS Boston Bell Dedicated To St Botolph's Church" History 0
jesse Hey old and bold does"President Boats" ring a bell for you? Diamond Lil's 0
soleil Patriot News (USA): Welcome Planned For Return Of Campbeltown Namesake's Ship's Bell The Fleet 7
soleil St Helen's Reporter: "History In The Making" - HMS Protector's Bell Is Cast The Fleet 0
soleil Medway Messenger: "HMS Chatham Bell Coming Home" The Fleet 0
ex_wasp_L2 The New Bell Ringer Miscellaneous 0
F HMS Whitby - Ship's Bell History 3
O Ships Bell History 44
Rumrat Why no blackheads on your bell end. Diamond Lil's 24
soleil York: "RN Engineer's daughter christened in HMS York bell" The Fleet 3
soleil Suffolk paper reports Martin Bell as quoting from Rum Ration The Quarterdeck 6
RonJeremy Giant Bell End on roof Diamond Lil's 13
frayedknotarts A new bell aboard... tradition? History 3
Seaweed Stolen bell of the Telemachus returned to its owners Submariners 2
MoD_RSS Motorists saving hundreds of thousands per day since Severn tolls’ abolition MoD News 0
geoffg Bridge Tolls Current Affairs 9