For those that care

theymademedoit

Lantern Swinger
Good for you Snapdragon! I'm hoping to get up there in April so you will have to let us know how it went!

Have a great time. It does sound really good especially the trip to Faslane!

chieftiff

War Hero
I think Dhobu_bucket, Dondon and myself might care if we knew what the feck you were talking about :roll:

What happens at HMS Caledonia that we should care about?

slim

War Hero
HMS Caledonia used to be a Tiffy training establishment. Don't know what it is now. From what I remember it was near Rosyth Dockyard

snapdragon said:
My HMS Caledonia date is 12th March. Looking forward to it, but i bet my manager won't be best pleased.

Well done Snappy!

I know you've been waiting for this date for a long while now haven't you? :grin:

Oh and sod your manager - Just concentrate on keeping your new superiors happy! :wink:

Stripey_G

War Hero
slim said:
HMS Caledonia used to be a Tiffy training establishment. Don't know what it is now. From what I remember it was near Rosyth Dockyard

Scottish brothel.... ?????? Just asking!! :roll: :roll:

chieftiff

War Hero
Cheers Tattoodog, I didn't know that, do WAFU's go too or is it just a fish head thing? What do they do? is it for the RN to see if they are suitable or just to give an insight to the recruits. Sounds like a good idea.

I think it's for everyone. One of the problems they found a few years ago was that people were joining up, not knowing what they were getting into (life onboard, discipline, cleaning, small lockers etc) so they set up the centre at Rosyth (ie resurrected HMS CALEDONIA!)

It allows new joiners to get a good look at the mob before signing on the dotted line.

They are also looking to open one in the Southwest, and possibly Portsmouth area.

Latest Threads