For those on AFPS/RFPS 05...

This does get missed by Unit Admin, but there has been a DIN released about this so things should be getting swept up swiftly.

If you're on the above pension scheme, you need to fill out an exciting form called the AFPS Form 2. What it's for is to enable any commutable pension/death in service payments go to a nominated person(s). In other words, if you die in service, nobody will get anything without any legal wrangling.

So it's in your best interests to get it done. In case anyone wonders, yes I'm on it, yes it's done. So if I get slotted in Afghanistan, my loved ones are covered.

sooty02

Midshipman
Is this a new thing or should I have filled out one of these prior to my 2007 deployment??

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

It's not really new as there had been some form that should have been issued when either transferring over to the AFPS/RFPS 05 or on joining Raleigh.

I know I didn't fill out such a form (it's a 5 minute job) and it's quite distinctive compared to other forms, but yes you should have filled one out. I believe BRNC was quite swept up on it though.

when you fill it in, your unit may ask for a copy to go into your pfile as there's no method of knowing which personnel have done it.

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Just a word on the reasoning. In AFPS 75 the death-in-service lump sum goes automatically to the spouse/civil partner. In AFPS 05 and RFPS the individual has a choice about who gets it. If you do not nominate, but have a spouse, civil partner or 'eligible' partner, they will get the lump sum eventually but there could be delays. To nominate removes all doubt about the member's intention.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Regulator urges donors to support registered charities to help those affected by Covid-19 around the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): letter from Minister Hall to local authorities on funding support for those in emergency accommodation and EEA rough sleepers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Organising mixed ability pupils in smaller groups and helping those who need to catch up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £63 million for local authorities to assist those struggling to afford food and other essentials MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ensuring humanitarian resources reach those most in need MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 tests offered to every care home for elderly or those with dementia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Further visa extensions for those unable to return home due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guidance published to ensure transport network is safe for those who need to use it MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £16 million for food charities to provide meals for those in need MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 1 million food boxes delivered to those most at risk from coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over half a million food packages delivered to those at risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Getting PPE to those who need it MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Visas extended for those currently unable to return home due to COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sick pay from day one for those affected by coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Work continues to help those affected by flooding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care staff and senior leaders among those praised in New Year Honours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Emphasising the importance of delivering principled humanitarian action to those who need it most MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government announces further support for those affected by flooding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation to enhance legal support for those facing eviction or repossession MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Review of Blue Badge fraud as scheme is extended to those with ‘hidden disabilities’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ilford Park Polish Home Residents Remember Those Who Fought and Died in the Capture of Monte Cassino 75 Years ago MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ilford Park Polish Home Residents Remember Those Who Fought and Died in the Capture of Monte Cassino 75 Years ago MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Academy SW seminar: Working to improve the lives of those exposed to Adverse Childhood Experiences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Funding awarded to 23 projects to help those affected by alcohol MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Digital Secretary meets those affected by online harms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Aviation minister meets airlines and allergy sufferers to improve flying for those with nut allergies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Funding to help improve the lives of those affected by alcohol MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The armed forces pay tribute to those who fought at the Battle of Amiens a century ago MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Call for consequences for those who obstruct the negotiation process, including... MoD News 0
D Deserters and those who went AWOL in WW2 The Fleet 15
R Those were the days History 13
Naval_Gazer Those In Peril Upon The Sea The Quarterdeck 1
S Ceremonial Day coats for those below flag rank? History 62
MoD_RSS Press release: New taskforce to provide long-term support to all those affected by Tunisia... MoD News 0
G To Those Who Have Had an RFA Interview... RFA 5
MoD_RSS News story: MOD pension payments to those living in Greece MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Information for those who left the armed forces between December 2008 and... MoD News 0
L Those that have left the RN as a ET-WE The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 14
P I just don't get those defending the "Joint" F-35 concept The Fleet Air Arm 28
soleil L'pool Echo: "Special Dedication Ceremony For Those Christened w. HMS Liverpool Bell" The Fleet 0
soleil West Briton: "Cornish Sailors From Culdrose Remember Those Killed On The Somme" The Fleet Air Arm 0
S just a few thoughts from those in the know Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
M WW2 Submariner records - tracing those who served History 5
B For those who haven't seen - SSBN Pin and Submariner Patch images. Submariners 48
2 A good website for those of you preparing for the psychometric test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
2 should waiting times/application process be faster for those with better test results Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 37
Naval_Gazer For those who love loud bangs Current Affairs 3
Naval_Gazer For those who love loud bangs The Fleet 0
soleil Pompey News: "‘What A Relief That Day Must Have Been For All Those Lads At Sea’ History 0
R For those about to join the Marines and those who are at CTC..... The Corps 28