For the love of motorbikes

taffscrivs

War Hero
Due to a bit of grumping from our resident Book Reviewer perhaps a thread about motorbikes is in order.
Best bikes, worst bikes, sport, two wheeled tales in general, on it's own thread.
My worst? That bloody awful BSA c15.
Best? close thing between Ducati 350 desmo or Triumph Tiger 100.

slim

War Hero
I had my full motorcycle licence at 16years and 7 months of age, did not bother with a car licence until I got married and was 23 going on 24.
Just before I got married my Oppo Proff bought himself a motorcycle a nice AJS 350cc.
Unfortunately though Proff had a full car licence he did not have a bike licence so was unable to ride it.
So he insured me on it and used me as his Chauffer :)
We had some great times with the bike.
I got married so this now had to stop as I had more interesting things to interest me.
Two weeks later Proff is at my door with the bike Log book.
Feck all use to me he said, have a wedding present :)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I had an NSU Quickly moped that I found dumped and did it up myself when I was 14, does that count?

My old man was a biker, he had a BSA 350 which he changed to an Ariel Square Four later on, when he retired he bought an AJS. Eldest son is the biker in the family now, he has a Bandit 1000c.c at the moment.

Brother-in-law is a keen biker and renovates vintage bikes as a hobby, he had around 6 or 7 last time I saw him, most from the 1920/30's.

taffscrivs

War Hero
As previously stated Suzuki Super six 250cc at age sixteen, sold it when I joined up.
Bought a Greeves Silverstone ex road racer from my cousin's then boyfriend six months later and the old man got it road registered for me. That bike went like shit off a shovel, biggest problem with her was the trials bike lighting kit wired direct to the coil, faster you went brighter the headlight, 'til the bulb blew. 80 mph on a dark night and the bulb blowing was no joke!

D

Deleted 108567

1623490858733.png
Is this about the time wrens were referred to by the lower deck perjoratively as S...t A...s
Arsed Divida Sp. or Fendu le Cul Fr.? If they did it would clearly be understandable.

Last edited by a moderator:

slim

War Hero
I had an NSU Quickly moped that I found dumped and did it up myself when I was 14, does that count?

My old man was a biker, he had a BSA 350 which he changed to an Ariel Square Four later on, when he retired he bought an AJS. Eldest son is the biker in the family now, he has a Bandit 1000c.c at the moment.

Brother-in-law is a keen biker and renovates vintage bikes as a hobby, he had around 6 or 7 last time I saw him, most from the 1920/30's.
The NSU Quickly was a great moped, ridden in their hundreds by working geezers travelling to work and back.
Now the Aerial Square four was meant to be a sidecar machine.
1000cc of power.
If you had managed to store it then you would be able to make a nice few pennies by selling it.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The NSU Quickly was a great moped, ridden in their hundreds by working geezers travelling to work and back.
Now the Aerial Square four was meant to be a sidecar machine.
1000cc of power.
If you had managed to store it then you would be able to make a nice few pennies by selling it.
My Dad did eventually put a sidecar on it, until he bought a car it was my sister and me in the sidecar and Mum on the pillion :)

Matchless 250cc circa early 60's. Bought it used while in Pompey. Bit of a plug but had good times with it. Got knocked off it late sixties, no serious injury but time to go from two wheels to four. :)

slim

War Hero
What a prize for Harley lovers.
Unfortunately I do not fall into that camp.
Harley Ds in my opinion are agricultural tractors not motor cycles :)

taffscrivs

War Hero
Standard Sportsers are nice enough bikes but I'm afraid that raffle bike is just bog ugly.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say, so someone must like it.

Waspie

War Hero
Well, not a 'motorbike'. But I loved my Honda Silverwing!! My mobile armchair!!! Awesome machine. When I changed jobs I had no need and it wasn't worth even starting it for a few miles!!! All I possess now is my Schubert helmet!!!! I'm twitching now to get another now I'm retired!!!!SDC10255.jpg

Latest Threads