For anyone thinking of becoming a navy diver

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Renavon, Oct 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Much like many others who are thinking of joining the mine clearance diving branch in the navy, I've been doing a lot of research.

I stumbled across a show that unfortunately could only be viewed in Australia, so i put it off. A week later i stumbled again on it on youtube, which was quite useful.

I've only watched a tiny bit of the first episode, and i don't know the differences between the Australian course and the UK one (Feel free to point them out) But it should be useful for anyone thinking of a career in diving. Theres 4 episodes, so a couple of hours of watching.

Its in 10 minute parts, so just click the next part to the right in the suggestions.

Heres the first part: Australian Navy Divers 1 (1 - 3) - YouTube

2. Nice find.
  3. Thanks for the link renavon. The aussies are pretty hardcore, having a ten day equivalent to the PEDA! I do think that their clearance divers have more of a SF orientated role though as opposed to British MCDs, who are obviously not SF. Hence the crazy aptitude test/marathon.
  4. No worries, also i would recommend the book 'Diver' by Tony Groom. He was a Mine Clearance diver in the falklands war. Obviously not exactly the same as now, but still an extremely interesting book