Food in the RN..

Patrick

Lantern Swinger
#1
Is it poor at all bases or are Sultan chefs just retards? Everyone says its cheap but I'd rather just cook my own or pay extra for decent edible food.
 
#5
pugfrom83 said:
Judging by your avatar you should recat to the RAF you fooking puff.
Most other branch badges have evolved and altered over time; but surely today's baby Wafus are not STILL wandering around unescorted wearing that allegorical depiction of an early flying machine?

Or are they?
 

Patrick

Lantern Swinger
#6
lol, a picture of a fixed wing when we don't have any! on the upside gosport do have some decent takeaways :lol:
 
#7
Patrick said:
lol, a picture of a fixed wing when we don't have any! on the upside gosport do have some decent takeaways :lol:
Your skipper might have something to say if you put a takeaway on your arm. 8)
 
#9
It's apparently gash everywhere. Fuck it; reckon Yeovil has a Dominoes nearby

Also, scran here isn't as bad as everyone says IMO. Not that i go very often.
 
#14
NZ_Bootneck said:
Zoidberg said:
They have a Dominos and...that's pretty much what I live on.
No wonder the RNs full of lardy arses. :roll:
They should allow us to have cooking facilities or provide us with scran that isn't sh!t. It's not that bad, but that's considering it's £1.69 for three courses.

Don't get much either.
 
#15
Zoidberg said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Zoidberg said:
They have a Dominos and...that's pretty much what I live on.
No wonder the RNs full of lardy arses. :roll:
They should allow us to have cooking facilities or provide us with scran that isn't sh!t. It's not that bad, but that's considering it's £1.69 for three courses.

Don't get much either.
I see you're reverting to your old ways of posting utter cockwittery.

Yeah, lets have everyone cooking in the grots, I'm sure Food Hygiene rules will be followed scrupulously and that incidents of food poisoning will remain steady. FFS, not even 2 quid for three courses and you're dripping?
Get your mumsy to send you an aid package. :roll:
 
#16
NZ_Bootneck said:
Zoidberg said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Zoidberg said:
They have a Dominos and...that's pretty much what I live on.
No wonder the RNs full of lardy arses. :roll:
They should allow us to have cooking facilities or provide us with scran that isn't sh!t. It's not that bad, but that's considering it's £1.69 for three courses.

Don't get much either.
I see you're reverting to your old ways of posting utter cockwittery.

Yeah, lets have everyone cooking in the grots, I'm sure Food Hygiene rules will be followed scrupulously and that incidents of food poisoning will remain steady. FFS, not even 2 quid for three courses and you're dripping?
Get your mumsy to send you an aid package. :roll:
For 1.69 for the value meals not the chef's specials is a bargin!

Good to see the mongs in the WAFU branches dripping
 

xchiefcook

Lantern Swinger
#18
Apologies for being a dinosaur, but in the good old days before Pay as You Dine, the Caterer used to be allocated a Daily Messing Rate (DMR) which changed monthly, usually roundabout £1.97 (ish). this was to feed each member of the Ships Co. three meals per day, which included all your Tea, Coffee, Wheaties, Preserves, Goffa's etc.
If you take a Ships Co. of say 180, this equates to approx £354.60 per day. Out of that "income" the Caterer has to feed you a Full Fried + Cereals +tea, Coffee etc. also your Lunch and your Evening Meal + Duff (hot and cold). Many matelots who were surveyed choose to go down the PAYD option as their view was I dont have every meal so why should I still be charged for it (shoresideonly), which was quite understandable. So in a nut shell guys..... You got what you asked for. !!!
Yes with pussers chefs scran may have been shit, but it was usually hot shit, and there was plenty of it, and we always used to make sure there was more than 1 choice on the counter.
Pay as you Dine...... more like Pay for Your Crime ......
 
#19
I don't know what the fuss is all about. I have encountered PAYD on various RN and Pongo bases and the only time it's shit is at weekends when you should be ashore anyway.

The quality of food is generally the same as what you got prior to PAYD anyway, except now there is more choice of crap.

Bare in mind a lot of lads don't get up for breakfast and a lot of people would rather get a maccy d's ashore in the evening, then it makes sense. It also stops the RA lads seeing off the living in bods. Prior to PAYD you'd have to pay for 3 meals a day, including at weekends, even if you only ate lunch during weekdays.

PAYD is for winners.
 
#20
The main problem I have is that it was decent when PAYD started and it's quickly gone downhill. There are other aspects that mean I don't go there, but being shit is the main one.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mazza_magoo Miscellaneous 0
snapdragon The Fleet 60
R The Fleet 25

Similar threads

New Posts