Food for thought

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by jesse, Feb 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trawling the recent forums it would seem that most posters are pro Tory.I cannot do links but I recommend reading the article by Johann Hari on page 35 of the Independent Friday 19/2/10. Food for thought indeed :!:
  2. I expect many here are too young to remember the 18 years of Tory misrule, not saying that this lot are much better.
  3. Sweetpea beat me to the link.

Thanks; I found it partly reassuring.

The clue is in the name: conservative.

A radical conservative is like a promiscuous virgin.
  4. The conservatives have really no chance up here it will be a very tight race between Labour and the SNP.
  5. I don't believe that any of the main three parties are fit to govern.
    We need a new party which truly represents the people of this country.
  6. Please God, no. Not the Chav Party!
  7. I "liked" that way in the Attitude magazine that he is happy for any African who say that they are homosexual to be given what in effect is fast track entry into the UK if they feel persecuted in their own country.

Stand by for an even bigger increase in taxes to pay for the NHS costs in HIV treatment.
  8. Aren't we full up yet?
  9. One would have thought {sigh}
  10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm getting the impression that one of Maggie's legacies from her/parties time in power, is a hardcore number of benefit scroungers who have no desire to work.
  11. I think that they have been encouraged more by New Labours policy of "Taking Children out of Poverty".
    This is where those on benefits are given sh!t loads of money so that the children do not suffer. This money is then spent in ways that benefit the children, new mobile phones, tattoos, visits to the nail bar, a few spliffs, loads of fage and lots of alcohol.
    In my opinion a very wise decision on labours part
  12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I refuse to be drawn into CA any further, but maybe that shows how much Labour have changed?
  13. Some of us are old enough to remember a succession of labour administrations going back to 1945. :cry:

14. I watched part of the recent Question Time from Northern Ireland, where a pollie on the panel was complaining that the republicans being represented in Government was undemocratic. I think that our NI cousins have the most democratic representation of any part of the UK, in that all parties with elected representatives feature in the government. Our crazy 1st past the post system means that the party voted for by most of the less than 50% who turn out makes it into power. I believe that a General Election should have no result declared unless a minimum 60% of the electorate votes and we keep re-running the vote until the public takes its responsibilities seriously.

I don't ever want to see PR in UK, though.
  15. And both these bodies display the same inability to govern properly as they are made up of corrupt and tainted people....rant over