Following on from smo

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Home bird, Jun 12, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My innocent heart murmur was refered to the SMO 5 weeks ago. (ECG and echo came back fine) I now have a paper review next Thursday. Does this sound like good news?

2. It sounds like you can't do anything further! You can only sit it out now mate! I wish you the best of luck!

3. Is it normal procedure to have a paper review after the SMO has looked at it. Surely if she wasn't happy for me to proceed it would have been a no.

4. I had a paper medical. They had to wait for information from the GP, they then got that and organised a paper medical which I obviously didn't have to attend and I passed.

5. I'm in the same situation as you - innocent murmur and records currently with SMO. Do you mind my asking if your following paper review resulted in good news? - have you now been declared Medically fit? I think I'm still a few weeks off finding out my result, but the wait is making me nervous as it's the make or break for 8/9 months of being TMU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Paper review was last Thursday. As of yet still not heard anything. Hopefully will hear in the next few days. I will post as soon as I know.

7. When my records finally went from Capita to SMO after my fourth paper review I didn't hear anything for a couple of days afterwards - during all my previous medicals I had either been directly told, if it was an attended medical, or Capita phoned me during the scheduled appointment, if it was a paper medical, to say they now wanted X, Y or Z - point I'm trying to make is that surely if it was negative news, they'd be in touch straight away? My experiences so far seem to lean toward 'no news being good news?' Nevertheless I hope you get the answer you want, let us know how you get on

8. Passed my medical. Phew!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ah brilliant!! I'm so happy for you lol