Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Follow up medical appointment post joining date.

Cliché

Midshipman
I’m having to have an aircrew medical appointment at RAF Henlow in order to investigate an anomalous ECG result.

The issue is that the appointment I’ve been given is after my May joining date. I’ve called asking for an earlier appointment before the joining date but the most that can be done is to put me on the short list for any cancellations.

Does anyone have any advice / people I could potentially contact that could help me out. I really don’t want to have to wait 4 extra months if there’s something I could do now to sort this. If there’s nothing I can do I understand but I want to make sure I’ve done all I can.

Cheers,

Cliché

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soleil

War Hero
I remember your earlier thread about your blood pressure.

Re this appointment for a medical at RAF Henlow, what does your ACLO have to say?

Cliché

Midshipman
I remember your earlier thread about your blood pressure.

Re this appointment for a medical at RAF Henlow, what does your ACLO have to say?

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get through to my liaison officer as his office hasn’t been picking up the phone the last few times I’ve rung, I’m currently waiting for a call back.

soleil

War Hero
Have you spoken to the CAs in the AFCO, as they might know when he will be returning from leave?

Last edited:

Seadog

War Hero
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get through to my liaison officer as his office hasn’t been picking up the phone the last few times I’ve rung, I’m currently waiting for a call back.

Perhaps you called during a leave period. They are not available 24/7.

Cliché

Midshipman
Well unfortunately I’ve been confirmed as delayed until September. So I’ll have to find something to do do for the next 4 months. On the plus side at least I’ll be ridiculously prepared for when they finally let me in!

Cliché

Midshipman
In case anyone’s interested thought I’d update that my appointment at RAF Henlow went smoothly, no issues whatsoever this time. Turned out the blip on the first ECG I got delayed for didn’t even appear when tested for again! Oh well at least I’m definitely in now. Thanks to everyone who helped me out on my various posts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: DJI M600 Pro, UAS failed to follow controller inputs MoD News 0
A Follow up Joining the Royal Navy 13
MoD_RSS Follow us on Twitter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital minister urges parents to follow new guidance to keep children safe online during lockdown MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transport Secretary: continue to follow government guidelines on travel despite warm weather MoD News 0
C follow up to parents thread Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
Jimbo_Navy Peak flow diary follow up Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
P SSBN Follow on - from the chilly North to the sunny South ? Submariners 5
soleil Norwich Evening News: "Students From Norwich Follow In Nelson’s Footsteps" SCC and URNU 0
C Follow-Up Interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 0
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Excess Weight - COVID challenges and a failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 0
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical device supplier resolves CMA concerns MoD News 0
T Potential medical discharge Finance & Pensions 29
W Failed Medical- Eczema Joining the Royal Navy 5
M Medical Review Query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening MoD News 0
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical appeal Joining the Royal Navy 8
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 3 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on extension of self-isolation period: 30 July 2020 MoD News 0
S Frustrating medical triage Joining the Royal Navy 5
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical Device “Certificates of Compliance” / “Attestation of Conformity” have no legal standing under MDR MoD News 0
R GP medical paperwork delays Joining the Royal Navy 7
Y Medical issues Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9