Follow up medical appointment post joining date.

I’m having to have an aircrew medical appointment at RAF Henlow in order to investigate an anomalous ECG result.

The issue is that the appointment I’ve been given is after my May joining date. I’ve called asking for an earlier appointment before the joining date but the most that can be done is to put me on the short list for any cancellations.

Does anyone have any advice / people I could potentially contact that could help me out. I really don’t want to have to wait 4 extra months if there’s something I could do now to sort this. If there’s nothing I can do I understand but I want to make sure I’ve done all I can.

Cheers,

Cliché

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember your earlier thread about your blood pressure.

Re this appointment for a medical at RAF Henlow, what does your ACLO have to say?

I remember your earlier thread about your blood pressure.

Re this appointment for a medical at RAF Henlow, what does your ACLO have to say?
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get through to my liaison officer as his office hasn’t been picking up the phone the last few times I’ve rung, I’m currently waiting for a call back.

Have you spoken to the CAs in the AFCO, as they might know when he will be returning from leave?

Last edited:

Seadog

War Hero
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get through to my liaison officer as his office hasn’t been picking up the phone the last few times I’ve rung, I’m currently waiting for a call back.

Perhaps you called during a leave period. They are not available 24/7.

Well unfortunately I’ve been confirmed as delayed until September. So I’ll have to find something to do do for the next 4 months. On the plus side at least I’ll be ridiculously prepared for when they finally let me in!

In case anyone’s interested thought I’d update that my appointment at RAF Henlow went smoothly, no issues whatsoever this time. Turned out the blip on the first ECG I got delayed for didn’t even appear when tested for again! Oh well at least I’m definitely in now. Thanks to everyone who helped me out on my various posts.

Latest Threads