Flypast at Liverpool

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, Oct 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I seen it Scouse. Fantastic. Or should I say "boss" (scouse talk).

2. Ahh Liverpool. The land of loose orange women with yellow hair. GREAT run-ashore. I had my first ever Senior Rates Mess cocktail party when moored in the Mersey. Trying to get 200 drunken Scouse Nurses, DSS Workers and Trolley-dollies onto the PAS boat was a sight to behold :D

Although it wasn't much fun when I missed the last boat back on-board and had to sleep in the Ferry Terminal until morning :(

3. Well! young Andy has come up in the world since I made him coffee at the Air Warfare School at Yeovilton :D

4. :roll: :roll: Ah! yes too true , he was drinking champers on the Ski Jump with the rest of his entourage, before leaving in a private chopper.

5. I came back to UK from a draft in Aden during the run up to withdraw, and the bloke I came home with was a scouse.
    We had a week's worth of runs in Liverpool, before joining "Excellent", where we were given our Campaign Service Medals.
    I was rather expecting mine to have the bar "Liverpool" on it, it was rougher there than Steamer Point, and although the Alex way was rough, so was Lime st. 8O :roll: :wink: :D

6. May I also remind you, not only are we orange, and resemble Jimmy Savile. We all so have the biggest boobs! Weather this is due to the fact we're fat, or had too much plastic surgery, I do not know. However, this is a true fact!!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ra-size-34E--A-cup-Birmingham-falls-flat.html

7. whats with the new scouse bird, back combed birds nest hair style??? resting loosely on top.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Flypast at Liverpoolter the fly-past

For the most part HRH seemed to be stood just forward of the after lift, certainly when the RM band came-up after the impressive fly-past.

Have to say that private helicopter seemed to have a moped-engine as it really struggled to lift-off & had to move forward to gain any height - what was it? Someone said it was a Squirrel, but it looked like it was powered by one on a push-bike to me.

9. Didn't see many Jimmy Saville lookalikes, but then again everyone looks divs after 20 G'n'Ts. I was certainly struck by the amount of fake tan kicking around though. V friendly people.

10. I was probably one of the offending tanned people :lol: :lol:

11. Don't get me wrong I wasn't offended by your fake tan, it was when you didn't take your chewie out of your mouth before you went down ;)

12. Yeah, but at least I had the decency to remove my sovereigns....

13. Re: Flypast at Liverpoolter the fly-past

Ninja,

The helicopter was a Twin Squirrel and I agree with you, it seemed to take ages to lift and clear the deck. I'll come and say hello at the Static Park if you are around on Monday.

14. As I recall I insisted you remove them lest they got tangled up in my ball-'fro 8)