Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Flying the Flag

asst_dep_to_dep_asst said:
St George's flags on cars! Lovely! Isn't it? Welcome to the world of the chav.

I shall watch the games and cheer our boys until they botch up the inevitable penalty shoot-out, then return to watching better sport.

Gib will be awash with British flags through the whole thing and if England beats any spanish-speaking nation, stand by!!

They won't get as far as the penalty shoot-out.
 
Maxi, you just have to look at 90% of the people that adorn their cars with St George Flags.

Not the type of people I want be associated with.
 
Keep St George in my heart, keep me English,
Keep St George in my heart I pray,
Keep St George in my heart, keep me English
Keep me English 'til my dying day.
NO SURRENDER
NO SURRENDER
NO SURRENDER TO THE IRA!



If it wasn't for the English you'd be Krauts
If it wasn't for the English you'd be Krauts
If it wasn't for the English, wasn't for the English,
If it wasn't for the English you'd be Krauts.



ING-ER-LAND!


Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D :D :D
 
I think it quite interesting that most countries are rather intimidated by the image of hundreds of boozing english football fans clad in their patriotic regalia. I still clearly remember the news pictures of the beer bellied, skin headed yobs who decimated Marsailles in Euro 1996 & referred to their activities as 'The Crusades'.

But my friends from Eastern Europe think it's a fine thing, especially if it's a match vs Germany.

~Vesper
 
A true story from 3 weeks ago. Three Lts walking through COLLINGWOOD and a green MPV drives past with a stupid St George's flag flying from it. Ten seconds later, cue irate Commodore who had jumped out and bollocked said officers for not saluting him - the "St George's flag" was actually a Cdre's pennant! Apparently since World Cup fever took hold of chavdom, and the fact that no-one knows what the new Cdre looks like (Big Nance was everywhere!) everyone is ignoring him in his not-particularly-officer-like car and he is getting very upset. Bless.....


PS Isn't this subject also covered pretty well here?! :lol:
 
I'll carry on flying the Dannebrog from my "flagpole". Just like the St G X but with the colours reversed! I realise Denmark are not playing, but to hell with it - any excuse! A pity the Orkneys aren't playing - until the Danish Crown sold them to the English King, they were Danish. Just think, had Denmark kept them, the oil fields would mostly lie in what were then Danish territorial waters!

[align=center]
cab25a92e0ff4204a33beb6a5e853993_flag.jpg
[/align]
 
Skunkmiester said:
Maxi, you just have to look at 90% of the people that adorn their cars with St George Flags.

Not the type of people I want be associated with.

Bu they are the English people, I thought you claimed to be English too. Or are there various grades of being English.

Sorry if I appear dim about this but as a Scot I have always found England and the English and there divisions of society a bit of a mystery.

For me if I want to show my support for my country I do it, whether or not the schemies are doing the same.

Peter
 
NozzyNozzer said:
I'll carry on flying the Dannebrog from my "flagpole". Just like the St G X but with the colours reversed! I realise Denmark are not playing, but to hell with it - any excuse! A pity the Orkneys aren't playing - until the Danish Crown sold them to the English King, they were Danish. Just think, had Denmark kept them, the oil fields would mostly lie in what were then Danish territorial waters!

[align=center]
cab25a92e0ff4204a33beb6a5e853993_flag.jpg
[/align]

They were given by Norway, as the dowery for the Maid of Norway.

Peter
 
NozzyNozzer said:
I'll carry on flying the Dannebrog from my "flagpole". Just like the St G X but with the colours reversed! I realise Denmark are not playing, but to hell with it - any excuse! A pity the Orkneys aren't playing - until the Danish Crown sold them to the English King, they were Danish. Just think, had Denmark kept them, the oil fields would mostly lie in what were then Danish territorial waters!


Could say the same about Alaska what what was it sold for was it five million.
 
Sorry if I appear dim about this but as a Scot I have always found England and the English and there divisions of society a bit of a mystery.

[/quote]

No mystery about it. Just go to the local country fair and watch the have's gliding along like Lord and Lady Muck. They spend more on Rupert's school fees than most people are living on.

Mind we are living in a society where a few who have bought there council house look down on the others who are still paying rent.
 
conMediaFile.5272
geoffrey said:
A true story from 3 weeks ago. Three Lts walking through COLLINGWOOD and a green MPV drives past with a stupid St George's flag flying from it. Ten seconds later, cue irate Commodore who had jumped out and bollocked said officers for not saluting him - the "St George's flag" was actually a Cdre's pennant! Apparently since World Cup fever took hold of chavdom, and the fact that no-one knows what the new Cdre looks like (Big Nance was everywhere!) everyone is ignoring him in his not-particularly-officer-like car and he is getting very upset. Bless.....


PS Isn't this subject also covered pretty well here?! :lol:


I suspect the Lts were short sighted leccys; didn't spot the spot nor the chunk missing out of the fly.
 
Maxi_77 said:
I find it somewhat depressing that apparently so many Englishmen see the public display of support for their national team, especially at the time of the World Cup to be chavish or pikey.

Peter

That is because us English have been conditioned over the past 30 years to accept we are responsible for every problem, financial, racial, political, social etc of the world. Especially for what occours in Scotland, Ireland (North and South), Wales, Southern Africa, the Middle East and the rest of the Commonwealth.

Where the Jocks get all upset is that they hate us but fail to grasp the concept that we do not hate them. It realy gets up their snot lockers when we do not bite back.

We have to much guilt to carry for the Empire won for us by Jock's and Paddies.

Your Amigo Nutty
 
Out here in the colonies we are so multicultural that every flag in the world will be flying in Toronto and other likely places in Canada. When Greece won the European Cup they went round the twist and similarly with the Italians. Not much chance for the English supporters in this series I'm afraid. If I read any more bullshit about Rooney's fookin' foot I'll shave off. Standing by for incoming!
 

Latest Threads

Top