Flying lower than a Buccaneer...... I dont believe it!!!

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, Nov 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I Dont believe it either Scouse, but great pics though. im going to copy that site if you dont mind. fred
  2. :-D Be my guest!!!!
  3. Have a rather nice photo of three Hawker jets which buzzed us on return from the Falklands 82. All were lower than the flightdeck (Type 22) and the last one a speck on the photo,would have passed his Perisher Course. Can send the photo but dont think it would stand out if I scanned it Scouse.
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

"I beat up the flagship, I beat up the Fleet -
    I beat up the Nelson, the Rodney a treat -
    All I forgot was the mast on Formid,
    And a seat in the goofers was worth fifty quid!"

My father's RCAF navigator cousin came back from a 1942 night raid on the Tirpitz with a bomb door missing off his Halifax. It had been ripped off by splash from a German flak shell bursting on the water.
  5. :-DThought Not...[​IMG]
  6. Now thats Class sheer class, mind you i think our Air Arm cabs might have been a tad lower and the Jockey is eating a sarnie whilst the Observer is reading the Navy News. te he te he
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  7. :laughing2: [​IMG]
  8. [​IMG]

Not sure where this one is from but the caption is NAVY Buccaneer!
  9. Must be something about Navy Jockey's! Fairley Gannet having a go

10. MG ....Buccaneer Mk1 809 SQD HMS Fulmar and Gannet 849 SQDN HMS Victorious
  11. All these FAA Types who join to fly and then spend all their time trying to get as low as possible.

Its like someone joining Submarines and spending all their time at PD:slow:

Impressive photos though.

12. Getting lower than a 42 bridge. Sorry its Crabs
  13. Topstop, great clip. The pilots were riding the U/C microswitches on take off I see. My uncle used to tell me all about that little trick. A tad illegal but looks mega.

When we left the Falklands after a patrol, all the crabs etc did a flyby!!! HA!! Don't think they managed to get below 200 feet. Skipper gave em an F (fail), must try harder!!!!!
  14. Foto-1.jpg red13ks.jpg

15. It's a screen shot from one of the Microsoft Flightsim add ons.
  16. Could fly on its own shock wave at 50 ft

Attached Files:

17. Obviously on its way to pull the wire at the SPRAG trials at VL !!
  18. Before going boats I remember watching them Buccaneers doing their thing with a splash target off the arse end of Birmingham (83 I think). Anyway, eventually got bored so wandered off to the aft switchboard when the TomCat came to play. The bridge then piped that the he was about to do a Mach 2 pass across the stern - I was 1/2 way out the airlock when the thing was disappearing over the horizon - very noisy, very low, very hacked off I missed it