FLY NAVY 100

scouse

War Hero
scouse said:
Trying to think what the Flypast we did from Yoevilton 64/65 ? was for nearly every FAA Squadron took part . We took 809 Sqdn and ground crew to VL for the week. Over to you :thumright:
:thumright: Just found one article. 89 aircraft of the FAA Fly past For Queen Elizabeth Review of the Western fleet 69. Formation 31 Wessex and Wasps 9 Gannets 20 Buccaneers and 20 Sea Vixens :thumright:

Waspie

War Hero
Anyone have the stats for the Fleet review in the 70's (Circa 76-77).

Be interesting to know how many the FAA could muster then.

Rotary wing flew out of Daedalus.

Letsbeavenue

Badgeman
Interesting that the RAF does not allow Harriers over London as they are single engine...and just how many engines each do the BBMF Spitfires and Hawks of the RAFAT have???? :censored:

Bisley

War Hero
ARRRRRHHHHHHHHH good point batman :rendeer: Those units are exempt and have special dispensation to fly over London. Funny thing that eh : :rambo: : The RAF have very high people in very low places. ie on their knees giving blowjobs for favours :pukel:

buggerit84

Lantern Swinger
Letsbeavenue said:
Interesting that the RAF does not allow Harriers over London as they are single engine...and just how many engines each do the BBMF Spitfires and Hawks of the RAFAT have???? :censored:

I thought that that would be because harriers have the gliding ability of a breeze-block so the engine conks out and it goes straight down, whereas Spits go a bit better if the engine fails?

fido

MIA
chockhead819 said:
The way things are going Roger, you & Wrooty will be running down the duty runway with Grey painted kites!

Hi chocks - nah; Wrooty's fallen off the plot and joined the God botherers. He's a good bloke though. How's life up north?

fido

MIA
farenheit said:
fido said:
farenheit said:
fido said:
On 7 May 2009, the Fleet Air Arm begins celebrations to mark 100 years of Naval aviation (eat your heart out Crabs - you've only got 90 years in!) The question is, what is the relevance of such an anniversary observing that, from my perspective, the ethos of service, duty and loyalty to Crown and Country appears to have been seriously undermined in recent years. Blah Blah Blah.

From your perspective, or rather office window you can only view the Historic Flight!!
Read into that what you will

You clearly know very little - I can see 09 and 04! And I think that you mean 'prospect' rather than 'perspective'
You are correct I do know very little...but I do mean perspective.

As they used to say "Put up or shut up"

chockhead819

War Hero
I always though he was strange!! I'm hoping to get to VL next year, I was at Buck House & met the current Fire Station Officer.

I'm still shocked by the number of "lads" I know that are still in, The RN must be very short of Snr Rate Chockheads or the average age is very high!.

fido

MIA
chockhead819 said:
I always though he was strange!! I'm hoping to get to VL next year, I was at Buck House & met the current Fire Station Officer.

I'm still shocked by the number of "lads" I know that are still in, The RN must be very short of Snr Rate Chockheads or the average age is very high!.

Yep - Paddy Ashe recently rejoined from FTRS and is off to a Carrier next month! When you come down, do get in touch with me. It would be great to see you again after all this time.

Latest Threads