Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 23rd 2009

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Jul 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 24th 2009

:wink: :wink: tell Pammy, i love Bootneck Bands, and PM me for my Address :roll: :roll: to send my tickets too!!!!

2. Re: Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 24th 20

Are you s;ure they will be fast enough to stop the scousers nicking the wheels..?

3. Re: Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 24th 20

:roll: :roll: We will be fast enough to drink the visiting poofters free drinks at the Cavern club in Mathew St :wink: :wink: :wink:

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 24th 20

Hmmn, this could get interesting in light of current political hot potatoes:40 Fixed & Rotary wing aircraft poncing about in a flypast.

Remind me again what there is an alleged shortage of in Afghanistan?

Yep, we know that Lynx, anti-submarine & AEW fitted aircraft aren't realistic troop carriers, but given that the government is looking for a 'quick-fix' regarding the alleged rotary wing shortage, my guess is the proposed scale of the Liverpool flypast may find itself substantially reduced whilst aircraft are stripped-out, converted & fitted with appropriate weaponry.

We watch with interest.

5. Re: Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 24th 20

:oops: :oops: N S Dont get carried away with the flypast Quotations of numbers. At Greenwich their was 17 Rotary Wing in the Flypast IIRC :cry: The others 12 Hawks and Jet streams :oops:

6. Re: Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 24th 20

Sadly the Sea King 4 fleet isn't numerically blessed enough to provide many more to theatre. The costs in modding them up to theatre standard is also an obvious stumbling block.

We can still do the crap detachments though...................

7. Re: Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 24th 20

:wink: Some good Pics of the start up at Northholt SAR and other Sea Kings look the biz 8) Fence Check Aviation Photography | Fleet Air Arm 100th Anniversary ... Fleet Air Arm 100th Anniversary flypast photocall: RAF Northolt, May 7th 2009. ... there was a flypast over HMS Illustrious, berthed at Greenwich, London. ...
    www.fencecheck.com/forums/index.php?topic=18858... - Cached - Similar

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 24th 20

Yep, fully agree. however Joe Public will still wonder why the Navy can afford to provide (possibly) 17 helicopters when the Army are allegedly crying out for them.

What's the priority?

9. Re: Fly Navy 100: Flypast along the Mersey - October 24th 20

Few of those helicopter things this weekend at a power thing at Chomondley Castle pity I am at a christening in the land of the little people

http://www.cpop.co.uk/helicopters/

10. Is it the 100th anniversary this year? you would never know!!!!

Come on Whitehall lets do better than the crabs 90th!!!!!