fluffy beret

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrisj09, Oct 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, just started RNR other day and shaped my beret, but recently its got really fluffy and i want to know whats the best way of removing this unwanted fluff?

cheers chris
  2. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Gillette Fusion Power razor, with King Of Shaves shaving gel.... you are talking about bum-fluff on your upper lip aren't you?
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Acquire some sulphuric acid and fill up the kitchen sink with water. Pour in a cup full and pop in the beret. Leave for 3 hours and you'll be amazed at the results. Remember to take precautions when handling acid and don't drink it.

Edit - The bonus is when you drain the sink you clear the drains.
  4. Nobody worries about a fluffy beret. Just wear the fcuker.
  5. I find a quick burst wuth a blow torch works well,dont forget to brush it afterwards.
  6. Check your PM's Andy.
  7. The 'Afro look' may come back
  8. I have never experienced the problem you are having but when posed with a fluffy wooly pully I found the best cure was to get out the clippers and shave the fcuker. I suggest you try this approach with your ferret.
  9. I suggest you give your beret a name and adopt it as your pet. You can stroke it whenever you feel homesick or in need of stimulation. My beret's called Type42Stoker! :D :lol: 8)
  10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I heard about that one too, thought it was a wind up.
  11. Sounds painful Doc! I'm sure he can exfoliate his chin by some safer method! :twisted:

12. likewise shippers all done.
  13. In cadets, people used to actually shave the beret with a razor to remove the fluff. I can't say I ever had that problem though.
  14. RNR trying to look tickety boo? You'll be attempting to march in step next!! :D
  15. thanks for the responses guys. i take it the best way is to shave it.

As for Andys way of doing it **** that. ME with flame = fire brigade called out
  16. I gave you the fire idea as well. I thought you were gonna do it! :cry:
  17. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I think that's probably a step too far, although back in the RNR100 year, there was some passable formation walking on display, but only during the parade - the step had dissolved for the march back to Wellington Barracks.